First Lessons

Ellie

It had been a few days since the incident. Ricky had not spoken to me since, or even looked in my direction for that matter. McGonagall had heard about the incident, and gave both Draco and me a detention that would occur on the first day of classes at 7 o'clock sharp.

I had been dreading this, but at least today we started our classes. And soon the tournament would begin.

McGonagall passed out all of the Gryffindor schedules. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I had Potions together. I had DADA with Ginny and Ron, Charms with Harry, and Herbology with Neville. But as for the rest of my classes, I was alone.

First off I had Potions with Hermione, Ron, and Harry. We finished off our breakfast and began to walk out of the Great Hall. That was when I saw him, Draco.

"Hey L, do you think we can talk," staring at my friends behind me, "alone."

"Asshole, if you want to talk to her you are going to have to do it in front of all of us." I heard Ron saying.

"Ron, it's okay. Sure Malfoy." I responded to him, but I had nothing I wanted to say to him.

——-

Draco

I was afraid it would take a lot longer to convince her, but I could tell by the look on the three others' faces that they were ready to pull L away from me.

I quickly went to grab her arm, but she pulled it out of my reach.

"I agreed to talk Malfoy, that's it. Keep your hands to yourself." she spat at me.

I deserved it after what I had done.

We walked away from the others and stopped in a hallway where there was no one.

"What do you want Malfoy?" she yelled.

"L, I am so sorry. I should have never called you a uh—"

"A fucking blood traitor? Is that what you were going to say? Or that you called me Elizabeth? Because both were just lovely to hear." she responded sarcastically.

"L—"

"You know what, don't you dare call me that. Don't you dare think that it is okay for you to call me that. You can call me Elizabeth because apparently you prefer to call me that. And don't even think of calling me Ellie, that nickname is reserved for my FRIENDS. And you Draco Malfoy are not one of my friends."

"L, don't do this..." I stuttered, while placing one hand on her arm, and the other on her cheek.

"Get off of me! Get off—" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Hey," a strange voice yelled at me, "she told you to get your fucking hands off of her!"

Looking up from L, I saw Viktor Krum heading our way. I quickly took my hands off of her, so I wouldn't get crushed by him. But I could not let him see my fear.

"Stay out of this Krum."

"I am not leaving unless the lady is, or if she wants me to leave" he stood next to L asking her if she was okay.

"Thank you Viktor, if you would be so kind to escort me away from the idiotic Malfoy, I would greatly appreciate it." L said this completely ignoring me, just staring up into Krum's eyes.

He held out his arm for L to take, I hoped she would reject that but I knew she wouldn't. She wrapped her arm in his, finally looking back at me she started cold into my eyes and said, "See a true gentleman asks someone before they touch them. You could learn a lot from Viktor, Malfoy. But I doubt he would want to be seen with you."

——-

Ellie

Viktor walked me to my Potions class, just in time because the class was about to start. He leaned down and kissed my hand, whispering in my ear, "If that incompetent rat of a boy bothers you again, just give let me know and I'll put him in his place. Have a good rest of your day Ellie."

I felt my cheeks turn bright red as he walked away meeting up with some of his other Durmstrang friends.

Walking into class, Hermione was staring at me, she had obviously seen what had just occurred.

"Ellie Hoss, after class you will tell me all about that!"

"Of course I will Hermione."

All of the girls in the class stared at me with a cold glare, I knew why they were staring. It was because all of the girls had just seen what happened between Viktor and I.

The rest of the day was quite boring, except the stares from all the girls at school. Obviously, it had spread around like a wildfire, almost everyone had heard about it. It was all okay until I got to my transfigurations class.

I walked in with a small smile on my face, all until I saw Malfoy and Ricky sitting next to each other. Ricky elbowed Malfoy and nodded towards me. Malfoy turned around making eye contact with me, but I immediately broke it with him.

I looked around the room and saw no one I knew, but there was one seat next to a random boy.

"Hi, is this seat taken"

"Yes actually," I began to turn away until he finally said something else, "By you"

I turned back around dropping into the chair, thanking him.

"Since we'll be sitting next to each other, best we introduce ourselves. I'm Ellie Hoss, I'm new here, transferred from Beauxbatons."

"Oh, you're the girl I heard about. All the girls in my previous classes couldn't stop talking about you and Krum. Well, I am Cedric Diggory, pleasure to meet you..\"

"Cedric, I have a feeling we are going to be great friends."

He chuckled quietly, his laugh was contagious. It caused me to start laughing as well.

I looked behind me and saw Draco glaring at Cedric. He looked like he was about to kill him, but in his eyes it was a mix of anger but if you look far enough, you could see the sadness within them.

Transfigurations was my last class of the day. As I walked out of the class that was when I saw her.

——-

Ahh yay! Another chapter, I am so sorry that it took so long for me to publish it. Things have just been crazy in my life right now. But I just tested positive for  Covid, so I'll have a lot more time to write!
-E.B.