Sickness

Ellie

It had been a month since my detention and the cuts on my chest had finally healed, but they left a slight discoloration where they were.

"Umbridge is awful!" Ron started saying. "How are we supposed to defend ourselves if we don't know how to?"

"Honestly that is probably the idea, if no one can defend themselves then no one would try to fight." I responded.

"We need to learn how to defend ourselves. If she won't, then we need someone who will." We all looked at Hermione in shock. She was wanting to break the rules?

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?"

"I'm just saying, we need to learn. We need someone who has fought before, we need someone who has experience." She said, then looked at Harry.

"You can't be serious, you want me to teach you guys? No way. I won't do it."

"Come on Harry, we need help and you are the only one who knows how to perform the spells."

"We'll see..."

That was a small win in our book, we hadn't expected Harry to give in that easily. But I guess he had agreed that we needed to learn. He had seen first hand what He Who Shall Not Be Named, is capable of doing.

A few days after, the four of us walked together on our trip to Hogsmeed, but this time we slipped apart from the main group of students, and walked into an empty pub.

"How many people did you invite?" Harry asked.

"Just a few people." I answered, knowing it was a lie.

We walked upstairs into a room and a little over a dozen students stood in front of us. Their attention was immediately drawn to us, and it went silent.

"We all know why we are here today, we all want to learn how to defend ourselves."

Hermione went on about what we were planning on doing, Seamus bickered with her and grabbed my attention when he brought up Cedric.

"How do we know he is telling the truth about what happened with Diggory?"

"Harry is not lying, he has been through so much, and now you are questioning it. As a fucking child he lived through Voldemort, but you are questioning if it is true now?" Everyone gasped as I said his name, but it was necessary to shut him up.

"Ellie," He said, putting his arm on my shoulder to calm me down, "It's fine, if they don't want to believe me, we can't change that."

After calming down Luna brought up the fact Harry could produce a patronus charm. Everyone was shocked that he could successfully produce one, but I wasn't. Even if I hadn't known he had produced multiple in the past, I would not be surprised.

Eventually, everyone agreed on the terms. We all signed our name to a piece of paper labeled, "Dumbledore's Army" or D.A..

"Now we just need a place to meet. It must be large enough for all of us to work freely, and without suspicion. Come up with a few ideas, and then run them by Ron, Hermione, Ellie, or me. Thank you so much"

We had all gone our separate ways, but the four of us just stayed at the pub. Talking.

We just enjoyed each other's company and laughed, we hadn't done that in a while before heading back to Hogwarts.

——-

Draco

Umbridge was truly brutal, but she treated the people who behaved well.