The Yule Ball

Ellie

"The Yule Ball is a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament," McGonagall went on about how important this was for us to mix better with the other school, and how it was also important we are posie and polite ladies and gentlemen.

All of the girls besides me were at the edge of their seats, and all of the boys were tuning out like me.

After going on for a while she pulled Ron up to demonstrate with her. And then told us to begin practicing. All of the girls around me were eager to get up, but I stayed seated. Eventually the boys started to get up and partner up with the girls.

I didn't want to participate until I saw a hand sticking out in front of me. I looked up and saw Cedric.

I held onto his and as he helped me up from my seat.

"Well hello Miss Hoss," He said in a joking voice, "It would be my honor if you would dance with me."

"Well Mr. Diggory, that would just not be polite for me to leave such a kind gentleman like you with no one to dance with."

We laughed for a while, going back and forth joking with each other. I looked around and saw Harry with Ginny, Ron with Hermione, Draco with Pansy, and Ricky was dancing with some Slytherin girl I hadn't met before.

They all looked so happy, well besides Draco. He got mad at Pansy when she would mess up and I knew that for most of the time his eyes were glued on Cedric and me.

"Ellie, from what I've heard, you have got quite a few admirers." Cedric said while looking at my eyes, "Hmm let me see, there's Viktor Krum of course, I've heard Ron and Harry have got their eyes on you, almost all of the Hufflepuff boys can't stop talking about you, and can't forget the one who has had his eyes on you the entire time we've been dancing." He nodded in the direction of Draco.

"Malfoy? Well even if you think he is interested, I am not."

"So that leaves one spot that must be filled in the race for Miss Elizabeth Hoss' attention. It's a good thing there is one other person that can not seem to keep his eyes off of you either."

I looked around the room, only Draco was looking at me. I turned back to Cedric, "Looks like you are wrong." I told him.

"Wow Ellie, you truly are oblivious. There is one person who hasn't been able to keep his eyes off of you since he saw you in his transfiguration class and you asked him if you could sit next to him."

I met Cedrics eyes, he was right. He hadn't glanced his eyes off of me for even a second.

"Well, now that that spot is filled. I am now in the race to sweep you off of your feet, and hopefully I eventually will win you over." He hadn't broken eye contact with me yet.

He finally looked away and walked out of the room, I hadn't noticed, but almost everyone else had left.

I walked out of the room, not expecting to see anyone. Not paying attention, I accidentally pushed into someone.

I looked up and realised who it was, Viktor Krum.

"Well if it isn't Ellie, if you wanted to get my attention, all you had to do was tell me. No need to bump into me." He smiled at me and wrapped one arm around me. "I'm glad you did though, I want to ask you something. Would you like to accompany me to the Yule Ball?"