Transfer

Ellie

"Ellie!" Draco ran to me giving me a hug and lifting me off the ground. "You need to leave! I can't explain, but please just be safe."

"What's wrong Draco?"

He cupped his hands around my face and kissed me, "Ellie, please be safe. I love you!"

Then he ran off before I could respond.

What was going to happen? I bet whatever it was, it was nothing good.

I was walking back to my common room when I came face to face with a few dozen Death Eaters.

"If it isn't little Miss Hoss. Oliver, look how I've found." Bellatrix Lestrange said.

Then my father stepped out of the crowd, "My filthy blood traitor of a daughter. Malfoy, grab her!"

Then my worst nightmare came true, Draco stepped out of the group of Death Eaters.

"Draco, are you deaf? I said GRAB HER! She'll be useful to us."

Draco tied my hands behind my back and pushed me along the group.

Then all hell broke loose. Almost all of the D.A. came running into the Great Hall shouting spells and hexes. Hermione struck Draco and came running over to me and helped untie me. I grabbed my wand from Draco and ran off with Hermione to continue fighting. The Death Eaters began to go outside, Harry ran after them and I was about to go with him before Hermione stopped me.

"Ellie, right now I need to heal all of the cuts you have. Think of yourself first for once."

I stopped trying to fight her and let her heal my wounds.

Once we were healed we went outside. Below the Astronomy Tower was Dumbledore, he was dead.

——-

Draco

It had been a month since Dumbledore's death, all of the students left Hogwarts for the summer. Most wouldn't be coming back next year because of everything that was happening.

I was stuck at home, I had no way of contacting L because owls were being monitored.

I wanted nothing more than to explain what had happened, I needed to tell her that I had no choice.

But I couldn't risk it.

Snape was announced the new headmaster of Hogwarts, now even the Death Eaters would ruin the only place I ever felt safe, and my true home.

I am a monster.

——-

Ellie

The school year ended and for the summer I was going to be at the Burrow. We tried to not worry about what was happening, but it was all we could talk about. I felt death creeping up on me, I wasn't scared of it like I was at the beginning of the year.

As everyone talked about Voldemort, all I could think about was Draco. As much as I didn't want to love him, I couldn't stop. I am in love with a Death Eater.