Home Again

Ellie

Weeks went by and I continued to build my strength back up, I even eventually was walking by myself.

People filtered in and out throughout the day, yet the one person I wanted to see never came, my mother.

Ricky would come visit me every so often, but I had heard nothing from my mum, no letter, no flowers, no message from Ricky, nothing.

I gave up on trying to have her a part of my life. My real family was all of my friends and the Wealseys.

After a month of being in the hospital, I was finally released. It was time to go home, the Burrow.

As I walked into the house, I felt more at home than I ever had felt in my own actual house. All of the Weasleys hugged and welcomed me and Ginny and Hermione helped me up the stairs, showing me to our room.

I collapsed on the makeshift bed, that was the most I had walked in a long time.

I fell asleep from the exhaustion of the day. I was woken up to the sound of a light tapping on the window. I got up to see what it was and saw a black bird holding a letter labeled for me.

——-

Dear L,

Hi, sorry I hadn't gone to visit you in a while. I hope that all is well, I thought I should write to you to let you know that this summer I will not be able to visit or write to you. I know that you must have questions on why, but I can't tell you because honestly I don't even truly know why. Hope all is well.

Sincerely,

Draco Malfoy

——-

Really, he sent a letter telling me this. I thought maybe there was something there, but I guess I was wrong.

"Ellie?" someone knocked at the door. "Dinner is ready, I think you slept almost all day. Who's the letter from?" It was Ginny.

"Oh no one... just someone I thought I knew."

A worried look spread across her face, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's nothing."

"Okay, if you want to talk I am here, ready to listen."

Ginny helped me down the stairs and sat me down at the table.

Over the next few months, I gained back all of my strength. Ginny and Harry had become a thing, Ron and Hermione obviously liked each other, and I just tried to push Draco out of my mind.

I had heard no news from him or from my biological family. The Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry were now my family and I would do anything for them.

Eventually, the time came to go back to Hogwarts. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was ready to go back and face Draco, Ricky, and all of the other Slytherins. But I was excited to see all of my other friends.

——-

Draco

Riding in the carriages, all of the sudden Hogwarts came into my view. Normally I couldn't wait to go back and escape from my family, but this year was quite different.