Summer

Ricky

The school year was coming to an end. After Cedric Diggory's death, Ellie became very sad all of the time. I had not realized how close the two of them truly were, though it made sense because I hadn't talked to her almost all year. But all of that would change soon, we would both be going home and I would finally try to talk to her.

A dark owl came flying through the Great Hall, it was not mail day. The owl dropped two letters, one went to Ellie, and the other went to me.

——-
My Dearest Richard,

Hello my son, hope all is well. I can not wait to see you in a few days, though I have some unfortunate news to share with you. Your sister, Elizabeth, will not be coming home with us this summer. She has decided to stay with the Weasley family for most of the summer. Do not worry, she will be joining us for the first few days of summer, to gather her stuff before heading to the Weasley household. And then later in the summer for the yearly ball hosted by the Malfoys, before returning back to the Weasley home. I am so sorry to tell you this so last minute, but I only learned about her plans only two days ago. I love you so much my darling.

With Love,
Your mother.
——-

What. The. Fuck.

Ellie would rather spend her summer with that blood traitor of a family rather that her own flesh and blood. I can't believe that she wants to do that, and that mother and father allowed her to do this.

"Hoss, what's the letter about?" Draco asked.

"My sister decided she wants to spend her summer with the Weasleys. She is coming home for a day or two to get her stuff and then leaving for the entire summer. Only to come back to the end of summer ball your family always hosts, then leaving AGAIN."

"I always knew that your sister was an idiot, and that just proved my theory." Pansy said with a smirk, "Don't you agree Drankie?"

She looked at him while clinging onto his arm. I can not wait to hear what he would say about this.

"Actually I do not agree." He said, leaving everyone around him in shock. "She just lost one of her best friends. So obviously she wants to be around people she cares for, and who care for her."

"Wow Malfoy, are you saying that I do not care for my own sister?"

"Listen Hoss, it's not like you've had the best year with her anyways. If I were her, I would definitely think that you wanted nothing to do with her. Next time Hoss, let me finish what I have to say before commenting, and do not even dare to put words into my mouth."

I stopped questioning Malfoy and ate the rest of my meal in silence.

——-

Ellie

I noticed an owl flying into the Great Hall, it was heading toward me. It dropped one letter to me and another letter to Ricky, it must be mother.

——-
My Lovely Elizabeth,

I will say I am disappointed that I will not be able to spend more time with you this summer, but I understand you wanting to be with your friends. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Cedric, Ricky told me about how hard it has been on you. I just want you to know that no you are in my thoughts right now. But on a lighter subject, I am excited to see you soon before you head to the Weasley Household. If you have any request, just let me know sooner rather than later.