Painfully Painless

Ellie

We all met in the common room so we could walk down to the final contest together. Except Harry of course. I was excited and hopeful for Harry, but there was a small part of me rooting for Cedric. Him and I had become good friends after the countless number of classes we went through together. I knew Viktor could handle himself so I put all of my luck onto Harry and a little bit on Cedric.

The cannon went off and Harry and Cedric went off into the maze, but before leaving Cedric shot me a wink. After the two of them left, it was Viktor's turn, and then Fleur's.

It felt like hours had gone by, Fleur had been saved from the maze and not long after Viktor was also. Now it was just Harry and Cedric.

Suddenly the two of them appeared and everyone started to cheer, but something felt wrong. That was when I heard the cry from Harry.

I ran out of the stands to Harry, and saw Cedric dead in his arms. My knees collapsed and I hit the ground, I felt warm tears running down my face.

"Nooo! Cedric!" I built up the strength and ran over to him, "Come on Cedric, wake up! Come on! You can't leave me! I need you, you can't go!"

The world around me disappeared and all I could see was Cedric, his lifeless body laid there as I wrapped my arms around him. He couldn't be dead! I needed to tell him how much he meant to me and how he felt like a brother to me. I still needed to hug him and tell him how he had changed my life.

"My boy! No, you it can't be!" I heard Mr. Diggory screaming behind me.

I stood up from Cedric and crashed into Mr. Diggory giving him a hug.

"Mr. Diggory," I said quietly, tears still running down my face like a river. "I am so sorry, Cedric was one of my best friends and I know how much you meant to him. He always sp—"

My voice broke and I could no longer get the words out. Mr. Diggory didn't need me to finish my sentence, he already knew what I was going to say. He brought me into a tight embrace. After this, I gathered all the strength I had and ran out of the crowd crying.

I am never one to show emotion, but I couldn't control it anymore. I had gotten far enough that the noise and commotion of the stands had silenced. I was alone, I collapsed to the ground, screaming and crying. Then I felt hands wrap around me, I looked up from the ground and Draco was there.

No words were exchanged, he just held me in a tight hug. Even after I had finally stopped crying, he still held me. My head rested on his chest and his chin was on the top of my head.

I broke the silence. "He can't be dead, Draco, he just can't be. I have so much I still needed to tell him."

"I know Ellie, I know."

"I love him, he was the brother I needed when Ricky wasn't there. He was always there for me. He means so much to me, I love him, I loved him."

"Hey, no matter what you will always love him. Although he might not be with us now, he will always hold a piece of your heart. He was a brother to you, and he always will be."

Only a few words were spoken after that, I just sat there. In his arms.

I looked up into his eyes and spoke, "Draco Malfoy, I think I'm in love with you." After that, I passed out from exhaustion.