Christmas

Ricky

This Christmas, mother told us that she would not be home and that she was on business. We each needed to find some place to stay over break.

Of course I was planning on staying at the Malfoy Manor, I really wanted Ellie to stay with us too, but I knew she would stay with the Weasleys or Lovegoods, or someone like that. Though she did promise me that she would come visit me at the manor on Christmas Day.

Most of the students left Hogwarts and boarded the train back to Platform 9 ¾. Draco and I walked onto the train together, taking our usual seats with Pansy and Blaise. I noticed Harry, Ron, Hermione and a few others pass by our door. Eventually, Ellie followed behind them talking to another student.

I called out her name because I had a few things I needed to talk to her about, she heard me and stood in the doorway.

"Will I be seeing you at all, over Christmas Break?"

"I already told you, I am going to be with the Weasleys. Molly already told me that you are more than welcome to join."

"And we've told you that you are welcome at my house." Draco butted in.

"Ricky, I'll owl you and we'll talk about it."

I knew she did not want to go to The Malfoy Manor, probably because she didn't want to see father and his 'friend'. I figured that I would be the one to go to her.

She smiled at me and walked away, meeting back up with her friends.

"Are you sure your sister doesn't want to spend Christmas at my house, her family will be there, you and your father."

"Malfoy, I think that is exactly why she doesn't want to spend break at your house."

——-

Ellie

The train came to a stop and after a little bit longer, we arrived at The Grimmauld Place. The Weasleys would be joining in a little bit, Mr. Weasley was still in the hospital, recovering from his attack.

For now, it would just be Harry, me, and a few other people I didn't know. Harry introduced me around, I met Sirius Black, his godfather, Tonks and Remus, and other people.

Harry and I walked upstairs where our rooms were. Harry would be staying in the boys room and I would me in the girls, alone until the Weasleys came, and Hermione eventually came.

A few more days went by and the Weasley family joined us. Ginny and I eagerly ran upstairs, trying to catch up on stuff we might have not known. I learned about Ginny and Dean, they are quite cute together from what I've heard. I told her about Harry and me kissing, she was surprised it took this long for that to happen. Apparently everyone else besides me knew that he liked me, but I was a little unsure of how I felt. Ginny and I talked for hours after that about basically nothing, then Ron, Harry, and the twins came into our room.

"Hello Ellie, how have you been? Sorry for leaving you alone with Harry for a few days, it must have been awful."

"Well George, from what I've heard, Ellie probably was enjoying herself."