Underwater

Ellie

Hermione, Ron, and I were helping Harry figure out how he would breathe underwater for an hour.

After clearing his throat, Moody interrupted us, "Hate to break up the conversation, but Professor McGonagall would like to see the two ladies in her office."

"But tomorrow is the contest and Harry—" Hermione was interrupted again.

"I am sure Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley can handle this on their own. If I were you, I would not want to keep Professor McGonagall waiting for much longer, she can be impatient sometimes."

Hermione and I got up and began walking away, only looking back once.

We finally got to her office and knocked on the door.

"Come on in, and please close the door behind you." McGonagall said.

"You called for us professor." Hermione and I said almost in unison.

"As you know, tomorrow is the second challenge of the Triwizard Tournament. And each contestant must collect something from the bottom of black lake."

We both had a confused look on our faces. Then she hit us with a spell making.

Air filled my lungs again, gasping for air I was helped out of the freezing cold water. I choked on some of the remaining water and looked up to see Ron with a worried look on his face.

"What happened?" I asked, though I had kinda figured out what had happened.

"Well obviously we are at the Black Lake right now, Diggory and Krum finished their tasks already. But it has been a little over an hour and there has been no sign of Harry or Hermione."

I was no longer cold, I looked out onto the lake and saw nothing. No sign of either of them, God please don't be dead.

Then the surface broke, it was Hermine and Fleur's little sister, but no Harry.

"Hermione! Are you okay?!?" I asked with a little bit of urgency.

After the two other girls were helped onto the deck, I saw Harry fly through the air and land next to me. I quickly wrapped the towel I had around him and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Harry, are you okay?!?" I asked him, still holding him in a hug.

"Yeah, but I got last place."

"Second to last place mate, Fleur never finished." Ron said.

"Your attention please," Dumbledore said and no one listened. "ATTENTION!" The crowd went silent.

"In first place Mr. Diggory. In second place, Mr. Harry Potter, for not only saving Miss Granger, but also Miss Delacore. Third is Mr. Krum, and last place is Fleur.

——-

Draco

After the contest finished, I found L, she was pacing the library. I decided, since she was alone, I would walk over and try to talk to her.

"Hey, L, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Oh sorry, I thought I was alone, was I bothering you?"

"No you aren't bothering me, I just was wondering how you are? you know, after the Black Lake."

"I'm fine."

I knew she was lying, I took a few steps forward. "L, I know you are not fine, what's up?"

She hesitated, but then it all came out.

"Draco, I don't know what's wrong with me. Not even my own father likes me, he wouldn't even return my letters. And I can't stop worrying about Ricky, I haven't talked to him in forever, and I feel like that is all my fault." She stopped to take a breath. She collapsed into a chair at a table near us. I joined her.

"L, there is nothing wrong with you."

"All I do is ruin all of my relationships and push people away once they cause me to feel anysort of emotion, I guess I am the cold heartless bitch everyone seems to think I am."

"I know this probably doesn't help, but just know that no matter how hard you may try, I will not let you push me away. I will always be there for you."

"I just—" she stopped speaking. Our eyes met, her perfect brown eyes stared back at me. I had just noticed the space between us kept getting smaller and smaller. Until there was barely any room.

"We shouldn't." I said. Though she was all I wanted.

"Just shut up Draco Malfoy."

She grabbed me by my tie and pulled me into her. She pulled back for a second and looked around to make sure no one was around, once she had finished looking around I pulled her back to me. I moved my hands to her waist, and she had hers wrapped around my neck.

After a few minutes went by of us staying there, we both pulled away.

"Draco, I should probably head back to my common room before curfew. My friends must be wondering where I am."

"Yeah, probably a good idea."

"Well then, goodnight Draco Malfoy."

She began to walk away, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Our lips crashed together again. "Goodnight Elizabeth Hoss."

——-

Ellie

I walked out of the library, once I was in the Gryffindor common room and I knew no one was there. I let go of the smile I had held back and collapsed on the chair beside the warm fire.

Holy shit, I just kissed Draco... again. I need to stop doing that. I need to stop getting that warm feeling in my stomach when I see him. And most important thing, stop getting butterflies. Fuck. I like Draco Malfoy. No this can't be real, he is Ricky's best friend, he is an absolute prick. How could I like HIM of all people?

"Hey Ellie, I didn't see you at dinner. You okay?" Hermione asked me.

"Yeah, I just wasn't really that hungry." That was a lie, I was extremely hungry, I just didn't want to explain where I was.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything, I'll be in our room getting ready for bed."

——-