Detention

Ellie

Looking up I saw her, it was Lydia.

I sprinted towards her and gave her the biggest hug ever. Lydia and I have been friends for as long as I can remember, her parents were Death Eaters as well.

"So Ellie, I heard a little rumor about you and a certain someone, a boy, who happens to be the best quidditch player to live. I had to hear it from you if it was actually true."

"Lyd, nothing happened, he just was at the wrong place at the right time. Remember Draco Malfoy?"

Lydia rolled her eyes so hard I thought they would fall out, "Sadly, yes I know him."

I continued to tell Lydia all about what had happened with Draco, about me punching him. Then him pulling me aside today and Krum coming to save the day. And finally ending with him walking me to class and kissing me on the cheek, and him whispering in my ear. How his lips were so close to him and how I felt his hot breath on my cheek.

"Ellie has a boyfriend, Ellie has a boyfriend," she sang as she ran through the halls to my other friends who went to Beauxbaton. "You'll never guess who I ran into,"

"ELLIE!" they all screamed in unison.

"How are you? How's Hogwarts? Did you miss us? What's going on with you and Krum?"

Oh shit, I realized I had detention tonight. I looked at the clock and it read 6:48 p.m.. "Shit guys, I'm so sorry I have to go. I have detention" I yelled as I began to walk off.

"Wait Ellie, it's the first day of classes and you already have detention?" someone said.

"Yeah I punched a guy in the face, but Lyd will tell you guys all about it. I'll meet up with you guys later."

——-

Draco

It was two minutes until 7 and I walked into Professor McGongall's office. She gestured for me to sit down in one of the two chairs as we waited for L.

Just before the clock hit 7, L came running in.

"Glad you both came, today you will be serving out your detention with Hagrid. So if you two would kindly walk down to his house, you can go ahead and start. Or do you need someone to make sure no one punches the other?"

"No ma'am." L responded with her head down.

"Okay then off you go!"

The two left McGonagall's office and walked towards where Hagrid lived.

"Oí, there you two are, today you'll be with me for detention"

Hagrid explained what we would have to do today, but honestly I couldn't focus on him. L had a glow about her that I just couldn't ignore. I had heard the rumors about her and Krum, and I saw Diggory flirting with her.

After the hour was over, Hagrid allowed for us to go back up to the castle and go to the Great Hall for dinner.

I had never seen L run off so fast.

——-

Ellie

I walked into the Great Hall and saw that all of the students from the three schools were mixed together at the tables. Even the different houses were sitting together.

Once I found Hermione, I sat down next to her. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and I knew someone was staring at me. That was when I turned around and saw him sitting there. Viktor Krum.

Viktor stood up and made his way over to my table. All eyes fell onto him, alternating back and forth from him and I.

"I don't think I made a proper introduction, I am Viktor Krum and you are?"

"Elizabeth Hoss, but you can call me Ellie."

"Well Ellie, can I sit?" He asked me, gesturing to the empty spot next to me.

I nodded, Hermione introduced herself and asked him questions about himself.

I got the same feeling that I did when Viktor was staring at me again. I turned my head around and saw Draco staring at me, sitting between Pansy and Ricky. Him and I made eye contact and I quickly shifted my focus back onto Viktor.

Viktor slyly put his arm around my shoulder and I heard gasping around us. But at that moment I didn't care, I knew Draco was jealous. Not that I care if he is jealous, not that I care what he thinks.

I pushed Draco out of my head and looked up at Viktor and he looked down at me. He gave me a smile and I knew I was happy.

——-

Sorry if this chapter is too short, I wanted to publish another chapter since it had been four days since I last updated it. Hope you guys enjoy!
-E.B.