CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: THE FLEA AND THE ACROBAT

The Flea and The Acrobat

Part One

November 10th, 1983

November 10th, 1983

Hawkins Laboratory

Hopper slipped through the fence, quietly but quickly making his way up to the front door, hiding behind a cement pillar as the door opened, revealing two scientists that had just gotten off of their shifts, "Thanks." One of the scientists said, the other holding the door open for them as they both walked away. Seeing his chance, Hopper quietly walked over to the door, grabbing the handle before it closed, sliding inside sneakily.

After getting inside, Hopper started to look around for any clues of suspicious activity but so far it seemed like there was no one around. Turning the corner, Hopper looked behind him, checking to make sure that no one had seen him as some indistinct chatter reached his ears.

Looking forward, Hopper's eyes widened, a duo of workers were walking right towards him but they hadn't seen him yet. Taking their distraction as cover, Hopper quietly slipped into an unlocked office, hiding behind the wall as they walked by.

That actually worked, He thought, nodding to himself proudly as he peaked his head out of the doorway, watching as they turned the corner before completely disappering from his sight. Continuing his investigation, Hopper left the office and walked down the hall, coming across the biohazard tent flap that he had seen when he, Powell, Callahan had paid this place a visit a couple days prior.

After a short moment of contemplation, Hopper unzipped the door and stepped in, striding down the hall until he reached the locked door at the end of it, "No." Hopper mumbled, rattling the door knob as his eyes drifted over to the key card scanner on the wall beside him, I gotta get a key card, He thought as he heard the sound of a gun cocking behind him, "Hands up! Hands up!"

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...." Hopper said calmly, raising his hands slowly before turning to face the supervisor and the guard who were both pointing their pistols at him, "Forgot all the cameras, bud?" The Supervisor said sarcastically.

"Look, Dr. Brenner asked for me specifically. Okay?" Hopper lied, "How else do you think I got in here?" He asked, keeping his cool as the Supervisor gave him a skeptical look, but he wasn't willing to be on the wrong side of Dr. Brenner, "What's your name again?" He asked, pulling out his walkie-talkie before bringing it up to his mouth.

"It's Jim Hopper. Chief Jim Hopper." Hopper said like they were supposed to know his name. The Supervisor gave him a look before speaking into his walkie-talkie, "Yeah, I've got Jim
Hopper - !" When they least expected it, Hopper reached into his waistband and pulled out his gun, pistol whipping the Supervisor in the face, causing him to fall to the ground unconscious as Hopper aim his gun at the Guard.