CHAPTER TEN: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Part Three

November 8th, 1983

November 8th, 1983

Hawkins, Indiana

Jonathan drove in an anxious silence. Should he had stayed with his Mom like the Chief said? No. He thought, She can take care of herself for now, but I need to find some answers or at least check some things off my list.

A rock song played on the radio as he drove down the street but it quickly ended. It was quite for a moment until a familiar tune began to pour out of the speakers. Jonathan looked over at the radio with a dazed look in his eye.

"Whoo! All right!"

•//FLASHBACK\\•

"Darling, you got to let me know!"

Music poured from Jonathan's speaker as he and Will sat at the edge of his bed, bopping their heads up and down to the beat of the song, dancing on the spot.

"Should I stay of should I go?"

"You like it?" Jonathan asked looking over at Will with a huge smile. Will did his best to nod as he continued to bop his head, "Yeah, it's cool!" He replied with an even bigger smile, he couldn't wait to show this to (Y/N) later.

"If you say that you are mine, I'll be here 'til the end of time!"

"All right, you can keep the mix it you want!" Jonathan offered with a smile as he kept dancing. Will's smile got even bigger, "Really?!" Jonathan nodded, "Yeah, really. All the best stuff's on there. Joy Division, Bowie, Television, The Smiths.... It'll totally change your life."

"So you got to let me know,"

"Yeah, totally." Will agreed before flinching at a yelling voice in the background, it came from the kitchen, "Where the hell are you, Lonnie?!" Joyce yelled from the kitchen.

"Should I stay or should I go?"

Without Joyce noticing, (Y/N) pulled into her driveway and got out of her vehicle. In her arms she held a tray of four drinks, a small for Will and mediums for everyone else, and a large bag full of food. She held another bag in her mouth since it was way smaller than the rest of the bags and her arms were already at full capacity.