CHAPTER EIGHT: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Part One

November 7th, 1983

November 7th, 1983

The Wheeler's Household

Thunder continued to roar outside as the rain poured down onto the ground. The boys stood around Eleven as she sat curled up on the couch, wearing her soaked Benny's Burgers shirt and Mike's jacket. She watched them with a weary gaze.

"Is there a number we can call, for your parents?" Mike asked gently making her glance towards him before looking down, breathing heavily. Dustin's eyes practically bulged out of his head, "Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" He asked.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked trying to keep his patience in check as his friend asked ridiculous questions. To be honest he was pissed off that they came home empty handed. They didn't find anything that had to do with Will or
(Y/N).

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike questioned as they continued to stare at each other. It felt like she was staring right into his soul.

Lucas glanced down at her shirt and reached his hand out, "Is that blood?" Mike quickly slapped his hand away with a nasty glare, "Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

Lucas gestured his hand towards Eleven and exclaimed, "She's freaking me out!"

Dustin looked over at the two arguing boys in front of him and came to the conclusion, "I bet she's deaf!" Dustin reached forward and clapped his hands together making a loud smacking sound. Eleven flinched and gasped backing up into the couch to protect herself.

"Not deaf." He concluded with a shrug. Mike waved his hands around in a 'calm down' motion, "All right, that's enough, all right?" He glanced back over at Eleven and stared at her with pity, "She's just scared and cold." Mike swiftly turned away from the group and walked over to a filled laundry basket as the others stared at him in confusion. He quickly grabbed some clothes before making his way back over to the group.

The thunder rumbled again making Eleven gasp in fright, shutting her eyes tightly as Lucas and Dustin watched in slight curiosity. Mike held out the clothes towards her, "Here. These are clean. Okay?" Eleven reached out and grabbed the soft fabric, running her fingers over the seams and edges before rubbing her face with them.

She carefully set the clothes on the couch to her left and shrugged off Mike's coat before standing up. Slowly reaching down she grasped the edge of her shirt and started to pull it up.

"No, no, no!" The boys exclaimed in unison as Mike grabbed her wrists to stop her. Lucas and Dustin turned away, disgusted and threw their hands up in the air like they were surrendering to the police, "Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" Dustin exclaimed in horror.