CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: THE UPSIDE DOWN

The Upside Down

Part Four

November 12th, 1983

November 12th, 1983

Hawkins, Indiana

Hawkins Middle School

"Come on, come on, come on!" Mike ushered the group as they sprinted down the hallway, still hearing the Beast roaring at them from down the hall. Dustin panted for breath, wincing as Eleven's head flopped around, "Oh, my god. Sorry, hold on, we're almost there. We're almost there." He told her as they all ran into the science classroom, slamming the door shut behind them.

"Come on, come on." Dustin chanted as Lucas locked the door, running after him to help him put Eleven on the table, "Help, help. Come on, get her on the table." Dustin instructed them as they gently placed her on the large table at the back of the classroom that was used for experiments.

Eleven groaned, reaching out blindly to hold onto Mike's hands as he sniffled, "Just.......Just hold on a little longer, okak?" He whispered to her, holding onto her shaking hands tightly as he tried not to break down, "He's gone, the bad man's gone. We'll be home soon, and my mom....she'll get you your own bed." He said, watching as Eleven started to sob silently, tears rushing down her pale face, "You can eat as many Eggos as you want."

"And we can go to the Snow Ball." Mike said, his eyes filling with fearful tears, scared that she had gone too far this time. Eleven sniffed and squeezed his hands, "Promise?" She whimpered, staring into his eyes. Mike nodded with no hesitation, not even caring that his friends were watching their confession, "Promise."

Mike and Eleven gave each other small smiles as a loud roar erupted from down the hall, followed by blood curdling screams and gunfire. Mike gasped and whipped around to face the door as they all backed up, watching the door carefully as the lights started to flicker uncontrollably. Dustin sucked in a harsh breath as the gunfire came to a stop, "I-Is it......Is it dead?" He stammered, his heart racing in his chest.

Mike went to reply, getting cut off as the door was suddenly thrown off of it's hinges to reveal the Beast, "Go, go, go, go!" He exclaimed as Lucas quickly reached into his bag, pulling out his wrist rocket and the pouch of rocks that he had. Dustin screamed, his eyes wide as his stomach dropped, "Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket, now!"

"Get the rocks! Get the rocks! Get the rocks!" Mike screamed as the Demogorgon roared, shaking it's head around as it turned to face the panicking boys. Lucas held up the wrist rocket and held out his other hand, "Give me one!" He yelled, drawing back the wrist rocket before shooting the rock at it, his eyes widening as the rock didn't seem to phase it.