CHAPTER TWELVE: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Part Five

November 8th, 1983

November 8th, 1983

Hɐʍʞᴉus' Iupᴉɐuɐ

"C'mon Will! Wake up!" (Y/N) said, shaking his shoulder to wake him. Will groaned and rolled over, shivering.
(Y/N) rolled her eyes with a small smirk, "Willy Williams? Helllloooo?" She said, dragging out the 'o' in 'hello'.

Will's eyes fluttered open as he let out a tiny cough. God, why did his throat feel all scratchy all of the sudden, he was fine yesterday. (Y/N) patted his back and helped him sit up, "You okay bud?" Will nodded and drank a few tiny sips of water to help sooth his throat.

"We should go search for some more supplies." (Y/N) said as she handed him the last half of one of the breakfast bars. It was crazy how hungry a person could get in a place like this and as for Will, his stomach was like a black hole.

Will looked up at (Y/N) with pleading eyes, "Can I come?" He asked giving her his signature puppy dogs eyes that seemed to never fail. (Y/N) squinted her eyes at him as she tried to fight against the eyes he was giving her before letting out a big sigh, "Fine," Will cheered as (Y/N) pointed a finger at him, "But you stay close and if I tell you to run, run, got it?"

Will nodded seriously as (Y/N) put on Will's backpack so he wouldn't have to carry anything. Before stepping outside, (Y/N) also grabbed the bat and knife, "Here." She said hold the knife out to him. Will stared at it in wonder, "Really?"

(Y/N) nodded and smiled, putting the weapon in his hand, "Well you need something to protect yourself. Your huge muscles can only get you so far." She teased as they stepped out of Castle Byers, Will shivered and pulled (Y/N)'s jacket tighter around him to help him keep his warmth.

"I say we check out Melvald's first. See if they have any food or blankets there."
(Y/N) informed Will as they began their journey to the town. Will nodded and looked around anxiously as (Y/N) rested the bat on her shoulder. She chose not to tell Will about what she had seen, It would only freak him out more, She thought as a small memory of the hooded figure flashed through her mind.

After about an hour of walking, (Y/N) and Will had finally reached Melvald's, the only problem was the fact that the door was blocked off and covered in vines, "Well, shit." (Y/N) mumbled, rubbing her face with her empty hand.

Will stared at the door for a moment before looking around, "There!" He pointed to an open window on the build, it was pretty high up but he knew that
(Y/N) could find something to help them get up there.