CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: THE BATHTUB

The Bathtub

Part Five

November 12th, 1983

November 12th, 1983

•//FLASHBACK\\•

The Henderson's Household

Sighing tiredly, (Y/N) pulled open her drawers, grabbing her grey sweatpants and a black tank top, throwing them on her bed before closing the drawer. Walking back over to her bed, she took off her Melvald's uniform and put the sweatpants and tank top on before hanging the uniform up in her closet.

As she reached up to hang it up, a small envelope fell out of her uniforms pocket. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, (Y/N) kneeled down reluctantly and picked up the heavy envelope, seeing her name written on the front of it, "When the hell did that get in there?" She grumbled with confusion, opening it up to see a stack of one dollar bills. There had to be at least a hundred dollars in it. (Y/N)'s eyes widened at the amount of money, noticing that there was a small note in the envelope as well.

Standing up to her full height, (Y/N) walked over to her bed, turning on her bedside lamp before sitting down on the edge of her bed. Putting the money filled envelope on her bed, (Y/N) unfolded the note, smiling as she saw Joyce's hand writing.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Figured this would make up for you taking those late night shifts for me.

- Joyce

°°°°°°°°°°°°

(Y/N) rolled her eyes in amusement, looking down at the note for a moment before redirecting her gaze towards the money filled envelope, "Wait a minute....does that mean...?" (Y/N) trailed off, a huge smile stretching across her face as she quickly stood up, rushing over to her closet to pull out the small black box where she kept her savings. Striding back over to her bed, (Y/N) sat down again, putting the box down before counting through the money in the envelope, laying it down on her bed sheets.

Opening the box beside her, (Y/N) pulled out a pile of bills, sifting through them as she mentally counted all of them, "Four-ten, four-twenty, four-thirty, four-fourty, four-fifty...." She counted, remembering the price that the guy had stated, "That's more than enough." She mumbled with shock, looking over at her calendar that she had hanging up on the wall above her desk, "It'll be tight," She said looking at the date, tomorrow was Christmas Eve, "But I can get them for 'em before Christmas morning."

"I gotta stop at the bank tomorrow, though." She spoke out loud, looking down at the amount of bills that sat on her bed, "I doubt he'd be happy if I paid him in ones." (Y/N) said with a chuckle as she put all the money into the box, putting it back in her closet before a picture on her mirror of Dustin, Mike, Lucas, Will, and herself, caught her eye.