CHAPTER FIVE: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS AND (Y/N) HENDERSON

The Vanishing of Will Byers and (Y/N) Henderson

Part Five

November 7th, 1983

November 7th, 1983

Hɐʍʞᴉus' Iupᴉɐuɐ

(Y/N) and Will had searched for hours for anything useful that could help them. Food. Clothes. Water. Weapons. Anything. So far (Y/N) had found a bat from the back of Will's closet, some flashlights, a box of matches, and a Swiss Army knife that was hidden under Jonathan's bed frame. Sneaky little bastard, (Y/N) thought with a grin as she pulled it out and examined it.

"(Y/N)! I think I found some food that isn't covered in goop!" Will called from the kitchen, causing (Y/N) to look up and sigh, No kid should have to go through this, (Y/N) thought as she stood up and walked her way through the house that she considered her, 'Home Away From Home'. She entered the kitchen to see Will on his hands and knees looking down at something proudly.

"Whatcha' got there bud?" (Y/N) asked gently as to not startle the boy. He had been extremely jumpy for the past few hours and (Y/N) couldn't blame him. A place like this was bound to scare a person. Hell, it even freaked (Y/N) out.

Will held up a tiny box, the contents sliding around inside as he did so, "Some breakfast granola bars and two bottles of water!" He exclaimed happily.
(Y/N) grinned with a small chuckle as she ruffled his hair lightly, "I'd say that's a job well done, Will the Wise!"

Will blushed at the comment and looked down sheepishly with a smile before glancing back up at her, "What'd you find?" Pulling out the items,
(Y/N) allowed Will to examine them, "A bat from your closet, some matches, flashlights, and a Swiss Army knife, courtesy of your brother." She listed off.

"Jonathan has a Swiss Army knife?" Will exclaimed in awe before his face contorted into something that could only be seen as confusion, "But Mom said we weren't allowed to have one because they were too dangerous!"
(Y/N) smirked looking down at the knife that glinted in her hand, "Well I guess we have blackmail now." Will and (Y/N) laughed, momentarily forgetting about the situation that they were in.

Staring down at the knife Will's mind reminded him of his family. What were they doing right now? Are they looking for him? And what about his friends? They must be worried sick! Will furrowed his brows and frowned, his smile slipping away.

"Hey." (Y/N) said softly, sitting down fully by Will's side, her one leg tucked underneath her and her other bent upward to prop up her elbow, "I know that look." She told him, giving him a soft look.