CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET

The Weirdo On Maple Street

Part Four

November 8th, 1983

November 8th, 1983

The Byers Household

Joyce threw the box that held her new phone onto her kitchen table and grabbed a knife, slicing the tape open. She quickly pulled the phone out of the box, throwing any piece of packing  that got in her way onto the table around the box.

Joyce quickly grabbed all of the pieces and put them together, not even looking at the directions. She quickly plugged the phone into the wall and held it up to her ear.

Still holding the phone and it's receiver, she walked towards the living room only to be stopped abruptly. The cord wasn't long enough to reach the living room.

Joyce let out an aggravated sigh and pulled the chair closer to the phone's hook up, sitting down in the chair once it was close enough.

Placing the phone in her lap she let out another sigh and waited for the phone to ring. If there was any news on (Y/N) or Will she wasn't gonna miss it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Quarry

"Will Byers?!"

"(Y/N) Henderson?!"

Officer Powell walked towards the Quarry, occasionally nodding in thanks to passing Volunteers. They hadn't found anything so far. He walked up to Hopper as he pulled on Officer Callahan's arm when he got to close to the Quarries edge, "Whoa, Whoa. Careful, careful." He cautioned, "I need you alive for the next few days, at least." He chuckled.

"Oh, hell, I could survive that." Callahan shrugged, looking back at his Chief. Hopper laughed making Callahan stare at him in disbelief, "What? George Burness made the jump!" He exclaimed, "And he was drunk as a skunk. He did it on a ten dollar bet."

Hopper looked over at him with his hands on his hips, "George is a liar. You make that jump from this height, that water turns into cement." He clapped his hands together to emphasize his point, "Hits you like a ton of bricks. Break every damn bone in your body."

Callahan looked down at the water and then back up at Hopper, "Nah." The sudden sound of Hopper's radio startled them. It was Flo, "Chief, you copy?" Hopper reached into his back pocket and pulled out his walkie-talkie, bringing it up to his mouth, "Yeah, Flo, talk to me." The radio crackled as she replied, "Hey, Chief, we got a call from over at Benny's. I think you need to get there right away."