CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: THE UPSIDE DOWN

The Upside Down

Part Two

November 12th, 1983

November 12th, 1983

Hɐʍʞᴉus' Iupᴉɐuɐ

(Y/N) slowed her pace down a bit as she ran onto a random street, looking around for any indicator that Will was nearby but she found none, "Son of a bitch." She cursed, her eyes flickering over to the street sign to her right, "Cornwallis." She mumbled, reading the sign out loud, "If you managed to get away...." She wondered, walking down the street until she stood in front of her own house, "This would be the closest place, right?"

(Y/N) swallowed thickly and marched up to her house, plastering a determined look on her face as she reached for the door handle. Shaking the handle, she groaned. It was locked again. (Y/N)'s eyes trailed up her arm and idea sparking in her mind as she took a few steps back.

Sucking in a deep breath, (Y/N) sprinted towards the door, ramming her shoulder into the wooden door, causing it to fly off of it's hinges, crashing into the wall across from it. (Y/N) panted and stared at the door in shock, "Well that worked a treat." She mumbled before starting to look around, "If I don't get that in check and we manage to get out of here alive, Mom is gonna be pissed." She commented with a chuckle as she searched through her house.

"Will?" She called out quietly, slowly walking through her house, her eyes trailing over the slime covered pictures that lined the wall beside her. (Y/N) felt herself stop at the last one, reaching out to pick it up, using her hand to wipe away the grime, "Oh, Dusty....." She mumbled, feeling her eyes burn as she stared down at the picture in her hands. In the picture was a seven year old (Y/N), holding a small bundle with short but curly hair in her arms. Her mother, who was in the background, looked incredibly pale but she had a wide smile on her face as she watched her two children meet for the first time.

(Y/N) clenched her jaw and reluctantly hung the photo back up, "I'll be home soon, don't worry guys." She whispered as if they were there listening to her. After taking a moment to compose herself, she continued to look through the house for Will, making sure to check every nook and cranny, "Come on, buddy. Where are you?" She panicked, running a hand through her greasy hair as her search came up empty.

Quickly running back out of the house, (Y/N)'s eyes flickered all over the place, her breathing picking up it's pace as she swallowed thickly, "God, just give me a sign, kid! I can't do this without you!" She exclaimed softly into the open toxic air, her voice cracking with emotion.

"Focus, (Y/N). Focus." She mumbled to herself, her feet starting to take her in the direction of Will's house, "You just gotta keep looking, you'll find him eventually." (Y/N) mumbled, forcing herself to calm down as she sucked in a shakey breath, "You'll find him. Whatever it takes."