CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: THE BATHTUB

The Bathtub

Part Three

November 12th, 1983

November 12th, 1983

The Wheeler's Household (Just Outside)

"I have to go home." Nancy spoke up anxiously as she and Hopper subtly watched the Lab agents stalk outside of their cars, putting boxes of evidence in their trunks. Hopper shook his head, looking through his binoculars, "No, you can't." Nancy scoffed and looked up at him with a confused gaze, "My Mom.....My Dad are there!" She exclaimed.

"They're gonna be okay." Hopper spoke up as Nancy pushed past him, striding away from them in the direction of her house, "Hey, hey, hey!" He exclaimed, grabbing her arm tightly to stop her. Nancy glared up at him, "Let go. Let go!"

"Hey, listen to me! Listen to me!" Hopper said sternly, not loosening his grip as she tried to free herself, "The last thing in the world we need, is them knowing that you're all mixed up in this." He said, pointing towards the black cars that were parked outside of her house.

"Mike is over there - !"

"They haven't found him." Hopper said, motioning towards the helicopter in the air as he cut her off, "Not yet at least." Nancy gasped and tilted her head, "For Mike?" Hopper narrowed his eyes as the helicopter started to come in their direction, "Come on, get in the car." He said to the trio as they all got in Joyce's car, "Look, we need to find them before they do. Do you have any idea where he might've gone?" Hopper spoke up, turning to face Jonathan and Nancy who were sitting in the backseat.

"No, I don't." Nancy said with a shake of her head. Hopper sighed, "I need you to think." Nancy shook her head again, shrugging her shoulders as she refused to meet Hopper's stern haze, "I don't know, we haven't talked a lot. I mean, lately..." Nancy sighed, trailing off as Joyce jumped into the conversation, "Is there any place that your...your parents don't know about, that he might go?"

"I-I don't know." Nancy stammered as Jonathan's eyes lit up, a great idea presenting itself in his mind, "I might." He said, getting some confused stares, "I don't know where he is, but I think I know how to ask him."

°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Byers Household

Hopper quickly slammed on the brakes as he pulled up to Joyce's house, causing the tires to screech. Joyce and Jonathan led the way, racing up to their house before whipping the door open as Hopper and Nancy followed them. Hopper brushed past Nancy as she gaped at the destroyed living room, her eyes widening as she saw all of the lights hanging from the ceiling, "Whoa." She gasped before picking up the pace, following the group into Will's room.