CHAPTER NINETEEN: THE BODY

The Body

Part Two

November 10th, 1983

November 10th, 1983

The Wheeler's Household

The Party sat together, gathered around Eleven who had the Supercom in her hands, her nimble fingers twisting and turning the nobs to find a better frequency so she could reach Will and
(Y/N) again but it wasn't working as much as it was the night before. Tiny whimpers and some light shushing came out of the speaker's as Eleven connected with them for a second but she lost it right after.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike exclaimed causing Lucas to nod, "Yeah, I heard a baby and some shushing." Lucas doubted as Dustin stared at the Supercom with hope, his hands shaking in anticipation. Mike glanced at him with a shocked look, "What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Lucas said sadly, trying to stop Mike from filling Dustin's head with false hope. Mike shook his head in annoyance, "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you?" He scoffed, trying to get him on his side for once, "That was Will and (Y/N)!" Dustin glanced up at Mike with a sorrow filled look as Lucas scoffed, "Mike..." He trailed off as Mike quickly cut him off, "Lucas, you don't understand. They spoke last night! Words!"

"They were singing that weird song that they love. Even El heard him!" Mike exclaimed. Lucas shrugged sarcastically and rolled his eyes, "Well, if the Weirdo heard them, then I guess - !" Dustin sucked in a harsh breath, look at Mike dead in the eyes, "Are you sure you're on the right channel?"

"I don't think it's about that." Mike replied, looking over at Eleven, "I think, somehow, she's channeling them." A spark of hope flashed in Dustin's eyes, "Like...like Professor X." He said in an awestruck tone. Mike nodded, "Yeah." Lucas sighed and looked pointedly at Dustin, "Are you actually believing this crap?"

"I don't know, I mean, I'll take any chance that I can get right now and do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that." Dustin explained as he thought about their issue, "The shushing sounds a lot like (Y/N) too, you have to admit that." Lucas looked between his two friends with a concerned look, his temper rising, "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled their bodies out of the water! They're dead! (Y/N)'s dead!" He yelled, directing the last part at Dustin.

Dustin flinched away, looking down at his hands as his lip quivered in anger, "Well, maybe it's their ghosts. Maybe they're haunting us?" He semi-yelled. Lucas looked at him apologetically as Mike butted in, "It's not their ghosts." Lucas put his hands on his hips, "So how do you know that?"