CHAPTER TWO: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS AND (Y/N) HENDERSON

The Vanishing of Will Byers and (Y/N) Henderson

Part Two

November 7th, 1983

November 7th, 1983

Hawkins, Indiana

The tape holding a small child's drawing crinkled as it shifted, struggling to hold onto the old wall that it had been hung up on years prior. It depicted a perfect family; a man, a woman and a little girl.

The trailer it was in, was covered in empty beer bottles, open plastic vials, and a variety of red and blue pills. It was a mess. The occupant of the trailer didn't give two shits though, living in a pile of garbage, like he was now, wasn't gonna make his life any worse than it already was.

Across the room, the TV blared, switched onto a new channel that he had accidentally left on all night long. His electrical bill was going to suck that month, that's for sure.

A Local News Woman was currently reporting, staring into the large camera that was positioned in front of her, "...reports of surges and outages across the country... We reached out to Roane County Water and Electric, and..."

A man in his early forties, the occupant of the trailer, was sprawled out on his old raggy couch, shirtless, wearing nothing but an old worn out pair of Levi's and a blue bracelet on his wrist. He looked like he wanted to sleep all day long but unfortunately the Sun had other plans for him as his blinds parted an inch, allowing a single ray of light slip through the crack, shining on his closed eyes.

The man groaned and opened his eyes slowly, grimacing as his head pounded. I hate hangovers, The man thought as he sat up, rubbing a hand down his face before standing up with a grunt, grabbing a lighter and a hand rolled cigarette off of his messy coffee table.

Grumbling to himself, the man, Jim Hopper, walked over to his front door, pushing it open as he lit the cigarette, bringing it up to his mouth. Taking a drag out of his cigarette, Hopper sighed, looking around.

His trailer was placed on the edge of a lake, it was a little lonely but god damn it was beautiful. A cool breeze blew towards him, making him shiver and rub his arms for warmth as goosebumps raised on his skin before heading back inside, That's enough beauty for one day, He thought as he walked into his bathroom.

After washing up in a shower that was two times smaller than him, contemplating to shave but deciding not to, and taking some medication labelled, 'TUINAL', he was finally ready to get dressed for the day.

Walking into his bedroom, Hopper yanked on a pair of brown pants with a matching collared shirt, a belt with a holster, a 9MM Glock, a grey hat and lastly a gold badge that read;