CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: THE BODY

The Body

Part Four

November 10th, 1983

November 10th, 1983

Hawkins Middle School

"Come on." Mike ushered everyone inside in the AV Club before closing the door behind them, locking it so they wouldn't get caught as Dustin turned on the light. The group quickly rushed over to the Heath Kit as Eleven sat down in front of it, "Now what?" Dustin spoke. Mike replied quickly as he and Lucas set up the Heath Kit, "She'll find them. Right El?" He quickly glanced over at Eleven, seeing that her main focus was on the machine.

Once they had found a good channel for her to use, Eleven closed her eyes and placed her hands, palm down on the table. In an instant, a memory, or nightmare, popped into her mind. It was the day that she had learned how to do this, when she had learned how to hear someone from miles away.

"She's doing it. She's finding them!" Mike said in awe as Dustin shook his head, taking off his hat to wring it in his sweaty hands, "This is crazy." He mumbled as Lucas scoffed, "Calm down, she just closed her eyes." The light above them flickered before burning out entirely causing the boys to look up and gasp in fright, "Holy...." Dustin mumbled quietly.

A loud clanging noise came out of the speaker as Eleven connected with them. The boys all leaned forward in anticipation as the banging got louder, "What is that?" Dustin asked out loud as the banging stopped for a moment, "Mom?" The boys gasped, "No way." Lucas mumbled as (Y/N)'s voice came through as well, "Joyce!" Dustin let out a shuddering breath as his sister's voice reached his ears, "Oh my god, (Y/N)....."

"Mom, please...."

"Joyce! Shit, come on!"

Mike and Lucas pressed the communication button on the microphone, practically screaming into it as Dustin ran his hands through his hair, "Will, (Y/N), it's us! Are you there!" Lucas screamed. Dustin pushed forward, bring the mic up to his mouth, "(Y/N), can you hear me? I'm here!"

"Hello?"

"Joyce! Oh my god!"

"Why can't they hear us?" Lucas exclaimed, his heart beating at a mile a minute. Mike shook his head quickly, "I don't know!" A distorted growl came out of the speaker as (Y/N) and Will's voices turned scared, "Joyce, it's coming! We don't have much time!"

"It's like Hawkins...." They heard
(Y/N) say before Will butted in, "But it's so dark....It's so dark and empty. And it's cold!" They heard Will sob. Tears filled Dustin's eyes as he heard the sound of (Y/N) struggling against something, like she was fighting, "Mom? Mom!" All the boys flinched back as the Health Kit went up in flames, sparking and crackling at them as Eleven lost signal.