CHAPTER SIXTEEN: HOLLY JOLLY

Holly Jolly

Part Three

November 9th, 1983

November 9th, 1983

Hawkins Library

Hopper slammed his foot on the brake as he parked in the parking lot of the Library. He was hoping that he and Powell could find some background information on the Lab. Hopper quickly got out of his truck, Powell quickly following his lead before jogging up the steps to the front door.

Hopper's nose quickly picked up the smell of paper and dust as he opened the door, stepping inside, sighing at who he saw at the front desk, "Hey, Merissa. How you doin'?" He asked awkwardly, wringing his hat in his hands as he took it off.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here." Merissa scowled, twirling a pen between her fingers as she glared up at the Man from her place at her desk. Hopper tilted his head, "What?" Merissa smirked and put her pen down, "You could have at least called, said, "Merissa! Hey, it's not gonna work out. Sorry I wasted your time. I'm a dick."" Powell glanced over at his Chief wonder what he was going to say to that. Hopper merely nodded, "Yup." He said popping the 'p'.

Merissa have him an expecting look, mocking his nod as he stammered his words, "I'm sorry, uh... Maybe we could go out again next week?" He offered. Marissa rolled her eyes over to look at Powell who returned her gaze before flipping it over to give Hopper a scolding look. Hopper raised his brows and squinted his eyes, looking around the room until he remembered what they came there for, "Newspapers? You guys got newspapers around here?"

Merissa stayed silent for moment before sighing, walking out from behind her desk to a large shelf covered in small drawers, opening two of them, "We have the New York Times, the Post, all the big ones." She informed them as they followed her, "Organized by year and topic. You can find the corresponding microfiche in the reading room." She said, looking up at Hopper.

"Okay, we're looking for anything on the Hawkins National Laboratory." Hopper said, resting a large hand on top of the shelf. Merissa raised a perfectly sculpted brow, "Well, shouldn't you be looking for that kid and (Y/N), she's a frequent reader here we need her in order to stay open."

"Yeah. We are." Hopper said with a nod, getting a nod from Merissa in return, "So, uh, why don't you just start with the Times, and we'll check out the post." Hopper said causing Merissa to scoff, storming off. Hopper looked down as Powell gave him a look, "The Librarian?" Hopper shrugged and sighed, flicking through the small pieces of paper in the two drawers that Merissa had opened, Powell quickly following in suit.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hawkins Library