CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: THE BATHTUB

The Bathtub

Part One

November 12, 1983

November 12, 1983

The Wheeler's Household

Mike carefully wiped Eleven's face with a wet cloth, getting rid of the dirt that had stained her skin throughout her long day. This time Eleven didn't flinch back, she just stared at him in silence as Dustin waited for them outside of the bathroom. Mike flashed her a small smile as he finally finished cleaning her face, "That's better." He hummed.

Eleven slowly looked over to the mirror beside her, tears filling her eyes as they landed on her bare head and face. Mike quickly noticed her self consciousness as she reached up, placing a hand on her head, "You don't need it." Mike assured her causing Eleven's eyes to flicker over to him, "Still pretty....?" She asked in a small voice.

Mike was taken back by the question but he still have her an answer, "Y-Yeah! Pretty! Really pretty." He stuttered, his face heating up as Eleven turned to face the mirror again, "El?" Eleven turned to face him, slowly, "Yes?"

"U-Um....I'm happy you're home." Mike said as Eleven took a step closer to him. Eleven nodded as the space between them gradually started to close, "Me, too." She spoke softly as they stared into each other's eyes before gasping as the door flew open suddenly.

"Guys!" Dustin panted as their heads snapped over to him, "It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble!" He exclaimed worriedly before sprinting back over it his Supercom, the other two quickly following in suit, "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Mike nodded, "Yeah?"

"What if he found it?" Dustin asked, picking up his Supercom again, turning it up all the way so they could hear it but the majority of it was static. The trio could hear Lucas shouting something but they couldn't understand what. Mike took the Supercom from Dustin, holding it up to his ear as he tried to decipher what he was trying to tell them, "What's he saying?" Mike asked with a confused look.

".....son of a bitch!"

"I don't know he's way outta range!" Dustin panicked as Mike brought the Supercom up to his mouth, pressing down on the talk button, "Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Mike spoke calmly.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Neighborhood

"Yes, I copy! Do you?" Lucas shouted into his Supercom as he sped down the road, the cold wind biting at his face, "They know about Eleven! Get out of there! They know about Eleven!" Lucas yelled frantically, trying to warn his friends about what was coming for them, "The Bad Men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The Bad Men are coming!"