CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: THE FLEA AND THE ACROBAT

The Flea and The Acrobat

Part Four

November 11th, 1983

November 11th, 1983

The Forest (Train Tracks)

"How much further?" Lucas sighed, looking up from his compass as Dustin walked beside him while Eleven and Mike were trailing behind just a few paces. Dustin glanced up at him for a moment, "I don't know. These only tell direction, not distance." He replied, "You really need to learn more about compasses." He advised causing Lucas to roll his eyes, "I'm just saying. How do we know when we get to the gate?"

"Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious." Dustin said sarcastically. Lucas rolled his eyes again and sighed, looking back at Eleven and Mike, catching a glimpse of Eleven wiping her nose with the sleeve of Mike's jacket that he had given her, "Do you think she's acting weird?" Lucas questioned, looking back over at Dustin.

Dustin took a quick glance back at Eleven as well before raising a brow at Lucas, "You're asking if the Weirdo is acting weird?" Lucas scoffed, "Weirder than normal." He elaborated getting a shrug in response, "I don't know. Who cares?" Dustin replied nonchalantly.

Further down the tracks, Mike and Eleven walked in dead silence but to Eleven it was ear splitting. The silence gave her mind a chance to wander through some of her most unpleasant memories. The most prominent was when she had to search for someone in the bath. She remembered how the nice man had reluctantly put the wires on her head and how he had told her to not be afraid, that he was there for her. That was a day before he had disappeared.

"Mike." Eleven spoke softly, shaking his arm to get his attention. Mike quickly looked up at her, "Yeah?" Eleven looked behind them, seeing the long stretch of track that they had previously been walking on, "Turn back." Mike raised a brow, "What? Why?" He asked in a confused tone. Eleven thought for a moment before spewing out the first lie she could think of, "I'm tired."

"Look," Mike sighed, feeling a tad bit guilt for saying this, "I'm sure we're almost there. Just hold on a little longer, okay?" Mike said, walking a little faster so they could get to the gate earlier so Eleven could get some rest. Eleven slowed down and looked back again, sighing before a small trickle of blood rolled out of her nose. Quickly wiping it away, Eleven picked up her pace and returned to Mike's side, Not safe....

°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Byers Household

Holding a pile of lights in one hand and a hammer in the other Joyce sighed, her head snapping up as she heard banging coming from her door, "Go away, Lonnie!" She growled but the banging didn't stop, "Seriously!" Throwing the lights to the floor, Joyce stomped over to the door, the grip she had on the hammer tightening as she whipped open the door, "I am gonna murd - !" Joyce let out a gasp in shock as she was met with Hopper on the other side of the door.