CHAPTER THIRTY: THE BATHTUB

The Bathtub

Part Two

November 12th, 1983

November 12th, 1983

Hawkins Police Station

Joyce's knee bounced throughout the whole drive back into Hawkins, worried about her son who had gotten into a fight a few hours prior. Hopper noticed this and sped up, quickly pulling into an open parking spot in the Police Station's parking lot before shutting the vehicle off.

Wasting no time, Joyce quickly unbuckled her seat belt and raced out of the car, jogging to the door with Hopper right on her tail. Pushing the door open, Joyce and Hopper stormed inside, looking around for Jonathan. Joyce let out a gasp, seeing that he was handcuffed, "Hey. Jonathan? Jesus, what happened?" She exclaimed, her eyes trailing over his bruised and cracked knuckles.

"Ma'am...." Callahan started to say as Jonathan looked up at his Mom sheepishly, "I'm fine." He reassured her. Joyce sent a glare towards Callahan, "Why is he wearing handcuffs?" She fumed as Callahan calmly replied, "Well, your boy assaulted a Police Officer. That's why." He spoke slowly, making her feel like he was trying to talk to a four year old.

"Take them off." She growled, causing Callahan to quickly shake his head, "I'm afraid I cannot do that - " Joyce clenched her jaw and cut him off quickly, "Take them off!" She yelled as Hopper stepped up to them, "You heard her. Take 'em off." He ordered.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." Powell spoke up, pulling a box out from beside his desk, filled with gun ammo, bear traps, and much more. Jonathan's eyes widened as Joyce leaned over to look into the box, rummaging her hands around, "What is this?"

"Why do you ask your son? We found it in his car." Hopper grumbled as Jonathan and Nancy shrunk down in their seats, "Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan exclaimed, feeling like his personal space was just invaded. Hopper rolled his eyes and placed his hands on the desk in front of him, giving Jonathan a stern look, "Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me." Jonathan spoke up with anxious eyes as Hopper turned to leave. Hopper froze and turned around slowly, giving him a look, "Why don't you give me a try?"

°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Wheeler's Household

"Mike? Mike?" Karen called out, her heels clicking as she walked down the basement stairs, looking for her son who had left her in a hurry. Getting down to the bottom of the stairs, Karen sighed and started to look around, quickly seeing a pile of pillows and blankets scattered across the floor on the other side of the room.