CHAPTER SEVEN: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS AND (Y/N) HENDERSON

The Vanishing of Will Byers and (Y/N) Henderson

Part Seven

November 7th, 1983

November 7th, 1983

The Henderson's Household

Dustin sighed for what seemed like the thousandth time. He never realized how boring his life was until he was missing one of the things that made it great, or in this case one of the people.

A gentle knock rang out through the room making Dustin look up. His Mother stood at his door with a sad smile on her face. She knew that Dustin was taking this whole thing very hard. (Y/N) was his best friend, his big sister, his protector.

"Dinner's ready, spaghetti and meatballs! Just the way you like it!" Dustin sighed, looking down at his hands that sat in his lap, he felt useless. He should be outside, looking for his sister but instead he was stuck inside moping. Being here isn't gonna help find (Y/N)! He thought.

"I'm not hungry...." His Mother looked down as well, "Dusty...." She sighed, "I know you miss her, I know you're worried but I am too." She sat down beside him as Mews waltzed into the room as well.

"She's gonna be fine Dusty."

Dustin looked up at his Mom with tear filled eyes, "How do you know that?" His Mom just chuckled and wrapped her arms around him in a motherly hug, "Call it a Mother's Intuition."

Dustin nodded as his Mother stood up and started to leave the room. She stopped at the doorway and turned around to look at him, "Your dinner is in the microwave, Dusty."

A tear fell down his cheek as he looked over at the red, white and blue hat that sat on the top of his chestnut dresser. A sudden light illuminated his room. It was coming from his window.

Dustin gasped with a smile, (Y/N)'s back! He quickly got up and ran to his window, ripping open the curtains. His smile quickly dropped, his blood ran cold with fear and worry.

It was (Y/N)'s car. It didn't even look the same. The only thing that gave it way was the Dungeons & Dragons dice that were swinging around on the front mirror. Dustin let out a shaky breath before he bolted out of his room, into the living room and out the door.

He could faintly hear his Mother calling for him and chasing after him. Dustin stopped on the front lawn and stared in disbelief at the sight in front of him, his Mother stopping right at his heels.

She gasped, a hand rushing to cover her open mouth, tears filled her eyes. She tried to hold them back but she couldn't. They spilled over the edge and ran down her face.