Ch. 27 - Happy Meeting

Jimin watched Jin in amusement as Jin picked a flower. Jin then placed it against his chest, clutched his hands together, and closed his eyes. After a minute or two, he opened his eyes and started to sing a birthday song for himself that surprised Jimin.

Jimin waited until Jin was done and he covered his mouth to suppress his laugh when Jin blew on the flower, making some of its petals fall, perhaps, imagining that it's a candle.

Jimin turned his back and walked back to the kitchen while waiting for Jin. "Hi, Jinnie!" Jimin cheerfully greeted Jin as he entered the door.

"Oh! Hello! You're here. What do you want to eat? Do you want a sandwich?" Jin waved at Jimin and prepared a glass of apple juice for Jimin.

"I'm fine. I just ate. Apple juice is enough, thank you," Jimin took a sip before facing Jin again. "Jungkook told me that your practical exams will be tomorrow, so I'm here to see if Yoongi is a good teacher."

Jin smiled as he settled on the chair in front of Jimin. "Teacher Yoongi is so nice and he's a good teacher. I learned a lot from him."

"That's nice to hear but I have to see if his students understood his teachings. So, shall we start?"

***

Jimin laughed after hearing the bathtub 'incident' that happened some weeks ago. He shifted in his seat to look intently at Jin. "I love it! Really! I bet Jungkook was shocked!"

Jin giggled as he tried to remember Jungkook's reaction that day. "He didn't stop though. It was good. But he did explain to me what I should have said. It was embarrassing but funny."

Jimin laughed again as he clung to Jin's arm. "It was indeed funny. But I am surprised that he's nice. Wait, is he treating you nice lately?"

Jin looked at the ceiling and pouted. He then nodded shyly. "I do think he bumped his head or something. He is so nice lately and he's kissing me a lot."

An 'o' formed on Jimin's mouth. He knew his best friend well. Jungkook indeed was nice but only to people he likes and to people that he 'needed' to like. He wasn't sure where Jin was between the two but he sure had a hint. "I can tell. Anyway, why don't you change and let's dine outside? Do you want to eat some steak and drink some wine?"

A wide-eyed Jin nodded frantically. Wine and steak did sound great. He wanted to try to drink some wine as he hadn't tried one yet. "I will go upstairs and change. Please wait for me."

Jimin watched Jin ran upstairs before picking up his phone and dialed Jungkook's number. "I'm glad you picked up quickly."

"Why?" A grumpy Jungkook answered back.

"Stop being an asshole, can you? Anyway, I am confident Jin would do well when he meets your crazy father. I can't believe Jin can be very sophisticated when he wants to. I mean Yoongi surely does wonder to him,"

"It's not Yoongi. It's Jin. Jin is a fast learner."

"But you know what?" Jimin ignored Jungkook's comment knowing that Jungkook hated Yoongi. "I do think Jin's obliviousness adorable. I mean, I know 'that' other side of him isn't innocent anymore--"

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!"

"Well, I know you're fucking him that's what the fuck I mean! I hate it when you're trying to act like you don't know anything!" Jimin snorted on the line not letting Jungkook say more. "Admit it! You like him!"

"I don't like him!"

Jimin laughed sarcastically, shifting the phone from his ear to the other. "Can you stop being in love with your pride and admit the fact that a city spoiled brat popular handsome Bachelor soon to be CEO can fall in love with an innocent island boy? I mean come on! Jin isn't bad. Sure he's not the one your father wants for you. Perhaps, he's lacking in some aspects but I am sure Jin excels in some ways. Or maybe in more ways than those chaebol's daughters who know nothing but to study business and to work their asses off to be richer than they already are!"