Ch. 41 - Admission

3 Months Later

Jin started his home school sessions. Jungkook asked Mrs. Min if she could provide the best private tutors so Jin won't be needing to finish middle school and high school and could go straight to college after taking an exam. Thus, the homeschooling.

And since Jin is pregnant, Jungkook wanted him to stay at home. And Mrs. Min was kind enough to look only for the best for Jin.

Jungkook had been avoiding his father for several weeks now. Asking him almost every day about the wedding date. And Taehyung was the one who was stressed out as he was the one receiving the calls.

"Boss, your father called again this morning. He said..." Taehyung cleared his throat so he could copy Jungkook's father's voice, "... if Jungkook will keep on avoiding me, I will come to his office even without appointment."

Jungkook turned his head up, amused by Taehyung's voice over. "Is that the best you got?"

Taehyung smiled and sat on the chair in front of Jungkook's desk. "Boss, seriously, I am out of reasons already. I am googling 'telephone etiquettes' every night. Trying my best to find reasons to keep you from your father.

He already told me he would fire me if I continue keeping you. But I am also wondering, his office is just on the last floor. All he needs to do is to ride the elevator down to this floor so he can talk to you. He can even take the stairs if he's feeling hyper. Why does he make it hard? You know, just curious."

Jungkook chuckled. He always finds his assistant amusing. Taehyung can easily be frightened. He's just lucky that no matter how terrified Taehyung is, he still keeps his loyalty to him.

"Dad is just testing me. Of course, he's the Chairman, as one of his employees, as a courtesy, I should be the one to go there and meet him. But what he wants is not about business. It is something personal and I believe we should not talk about it here in the workplace."

With mouth hanged open, Taehyung slowly clapped his hands. "Wow, boss. That's why you're my idol. You always say the words beautifully."

"Stop messing around and go back to your table. If dad calls again, tell him that if he needs me, then he should be the one to come here."

Taehyung's eyes widened. "Boss! Do you hate me? How can I say that to the Chairman? Do you really want me to get fired?"

Jungkook laughed seeing Taehyung panicked. "Just go back to work. Don't worry. If he fires you, I will hire you again."

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other when they heard a knock on the door. Whispering, Taehyung leaned closer. "I think Chairman Jeon cannot wait any longer."

Jungkook shrugged and motioned Taehyung to open the door. And a sigh left their mouth when the man behind the door wasn't his father.

"I read your message this morning. I was busy so I went here and brought coffee. So what was that? Your lead is promising," Jimin sat down and placed coffee on Jungkook's table and gave a cup to Taehyung.

"The site investigator called this morning and it seemed he had another lead. Someone's been there, according to the building owner," Jungkook explained while tapping his finger on the desk.

"What do you mean by that? Someone else is also eyeing that place? But who? " Jimin curiously asked.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. "Well, we have to be careful. You both know the back story of that. We will not move until we are sure that everything is safe for everyone."

***

"Why don't you talk to him?" Hoseok suggested as he sipped at his tea cup. "Woah! This is so delicious!"