Ch. 31 - Out

Months Back

"Fuck!" Yoongi exclaimed as he stepped on the break almost hitting his head on the steering wheel. Removing the seatbelt, he hurried out to see if he hit the man by his car.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice you," Yoongi bent down to help the man stand. He noticed a big bruise on the man's arm and knee causing him to worry.

"Ouch ouch!" The man complained as he tried to stand up. "I know there are no traffic lights on our island but I know red means stop."

Yoongi looked up and on the side, looking at the traffic lights, and realized something. "I'm sorry mister but I always follow the traffic rules. I guess you're looking at the wrong traffic light."

Hoseok looked at the lights on the other side of the street and the lights on top of them. "I thought when that one is red, the car should stop. I'm sorry if I caused trouble."

"Get in my car and I'll bring you to the hospital," Yoongi opened the passenger side but the man hesitated. "I'm harmless. And please get in now. You need to get checked just to make sure."

The man remained standing. "But, I don't have enough money for a hospital."

Yoongi looked at the man and by his look, he seemed a bit dirty and sweaty. "Don't worry, I will pay."

***

"Thank you," the man smiled as they went out of the hospital. He was limping as the pain of getting hit by a car started to get into him.

"It's my responsibility since I hit you. You should be careful next time," Yoongi gave the man an apologetic smile. "Where do you live? I will drive you home."

Yoongi heard a growl and looked back at Hoseok who smiled shyly holding his stomach. "Uhh. It's okay. I-I will just walk."

"You're hungry, aren't you?"

Hoseok bit his lips and Yoongi got it. They ended up in a restaurant where Hoseok was looking around. Amazed by the interiors and the foods being served.

"I'm sorry you need to spend money on me," Hoseok said shyly as he ate his meal. "This must be expensive."

Yoongi shook his head. He could feel the shyness laced on Hoseok's voice. And he had been glaring almost the whole time as he looked at the curious faces looking at them. Hoseok was wearing an almost brown shirt and faded black shorts. And the bag with him was worn-out. He was curious too but was too hesitant to ask Hoseok as he was afraid he might offend him.

"You must have been really hungry," Yoongi tried to say it nicely, hoping he could make Hoseok open up. "Did you eat lunch?"

Hoseok chewed the food he just stuffed in his mouth while speaking. Surprisingly, it was audible. "I haven't taken breakfast yet."

Yoongi was surprised. It was already 8 in the evening. Now he knew why the man in front of him was almost done eating while he wasn't on his half yet. "But why? Glad you're not yet passing out or anything? Maybe that's the reason why you were confused about the traffic lights earlier."

Hoseok swallowed his food and took a deep breath. "Can I tell you something, Mr. Min? But please don't judge me. And are you sure you're not a police?"

Yoongi chuckled as he pulled out his ID from the school where he was teaching. "I'm a teacher. And the way you wanted to make sure, are you sure you're not a criminal?"

Hoseok's eyes widened as shook his head in panic. "I know I looked dirty but I am not a bad person."

Yoongi stared at Hoseok for a while. He could tell that Hoseok was harmless. "Okay. So what is it you want to tell me?"