Ch. 42 - Development

"Babe, please don't prepare dinner for me. I will be late tonight," Jungkook stood in front of the glass wall. Looking at the buildings below his tower. His phone pressed against his ears, contemplating if he should leave. Ever since Jin got pregnant, he's always at home earlier than usual. "I have an emergency meeting in Busan and this is very important. I will fly back tonight, but please, sleep early and don't wait for me. If you want, I can send Jimin to stay with you until I arrive."

"I'm okay. I will sleep early. I will also cook something and will put it in the fridge just in case. Don't disturb Minnie, I'm fine. I will finish my homeworks then I will go out to water the plants," Jungkook smiled hearing Jin mentions his plans for the day. Jin still hasn't changed a bit. Jin always finds happiness in small things that makes Jungkook admire Jin more. He loves it whenever Jin mentions the plants.

By the time Jin arrived at his home, Jin loves the flowers. Jin also got his mom's love by giving her flowers. And Jin also gave Mrs. Min flowers because he found Mrs. Min very nice. And Jungkook found it truly admirable.

"Okay, but I will call you from time to time. I promise to be home tonight. I love you, Jin."

Jungkook waited for Jin to answer. He smiled as he could hear Jin squealing on the other line. After hearing Jin cleared his throat, Jin spoke again, "I love you too, Kookoo. See you later and take care."

Jungkook went back to his desk still looking at his phone wallpaper. Somehow, Jin's cute pictures relieves his stress. Especially now that he would be meeting the boss of the other men looking at the same building he asked his men to investigate.

"Boss, your flight is at 1pm and your meeting will be by 3pm. Your flight back is at 8pm. Our site inspectors said the other group's boss will arrive there today also by plane. But I have more important thing to say," Taehyung crumpled the paper in his hand after reading Jungkook's schedule.

Jungkook stared at his anxious assistant, waiting for the 'important thing' he has to say. But there's no need for Taehyung to divulge as his father entered his office.

"Too impolite of you not to voluntarily visit me in my office when you know that I've been waiting for your presence," Jungkook's father sat on the couch in the receiving area and Jungkook settled on the same across his father.

"I'm sorry, dad. I don't mean to be rude, but I know you will ask me about the wedding and I'm not yet ready to discuss it with you," Jungkook bowed. His father then placed some documents on the center table, pointing for Jungkook to pick it up and read.

"Your cousin sent me those. He actually told me to hide the identity of the one who sent it, but I am transparent about everything. This is about the company and I don't like any suspicious activities just to get the company from me.

Now explain those to me. I will listen. Reading that made me extremely angry and I just realized how greedy you are after I discovered that."

Jungkook's eyes widened after seeing the documents his father was referring to. It was the contract Jin signed, but what shocked him was his signature being there. "This is falsified."

Mr. Jeon's eyebrow raised seeing his son panicked. "Falsified? Those documents were from your lawyer. Correct me if I'm wrong."

Jungkook dropped the documents on the table. Closing his eyes, trying to figure out how to explain it to his father. He's angry and feeling betrayed that his lawyer probably sold him to his cousin.

"I admit, I asked my lawyer to make that. I was pressured by you, especially mom to marry. And mom was over reacting over Jae wanting the company for him. Honestly, until now, I still don't understand why I needed to be married and have a child just to earn chairmanship.

I met Jin unexpectedly. He came from an island, was very naive and most importantly, he was clueless about who I am. I was sure he wouldn't do anything to harm me, our family, or the company. And he wouldn't go after my wealth. It gave me an idea to use him so I can get the company. I know that was selfish and insensitive.

That picture that circulated in social media was the day I met him. I threw him out of my home. But I felt guilty, so I followed him and brought him with me. I maybe am an asshole, but I have some conscience too. Perhaps, that's also the reason why I did not sign that contract.

I made him believe that there was a contract. He was compelled to follow something I know he do not want. What pains me more were those times he will bluntly admit how much he loves me even without that damn paper.

I swear, dad, I did not sign it. My signature was forged. I'm not sure why they needed to forge my signature when they could just release that contract to you. It's enough to put me down and for you to lose your trust. I am sure they have an ill motive, but I will not stress it out as I know I have my fault too.

That contract scarred Jin. It damaged him emotionally and mentally. I know because he thinks, until now, that everything is about that paper. He is too difficult to convince and it's no surprise that he has trust issues.

I intentionally made him pregnant and would want to marry him so I could dispose him immediately after I get the company. I planned it. But spending time with him, seeing the beauty of Jin's innocence, how he sees the world, and how happy he gets because of small things made me realized that he is more than a contract. He deserves to be loved. And I mean it.

That's the reason why I don't want to meet with you. I have no plans of marrying him soon. I don't want him to think that I will only marry him because I am obliged to do that. Just because I got him pregnant. I want him to trust me and to  him to believe me that I will marry him because of love. I did have an intention to make him my instant groom. But now, I want him to be my real groom."

Jungkook's father's eyes were narrow while listening to his son. He was disappointed with how Jungkook faced his challenges. But thinking about it, as a father, he knows he failed. He dropped another document and Jungkook read it. Jungkook's heart raced at what was written on the documents angered him.

"Why the hell would they have Jin signed a divorce paper?!" Jungkook's voice raised as he crumpled the paper.

"You sign or did not sign the contract doesn't matter to me. Your intentions matter more. You have thoughts of getting the company by doing something dirty and that alone told something more. I may be a bigoted father, but all I want is the good of the company my father built.

I asked your lawyer to meet with Jin and have him signed that. Because I don't want him to be part of this family because you only forced him. I don't want any strangers infiltrating my clan. So before you--"

"STOP!" Jungkook slammed his hand on the table startling his father. "Listen! Jin isn't what you think he is. I don't fucking care if you give your company to Ken. Give it to him as you please. I don't fucking care!

Getting married and having a child doesn't connect with being a responsible Chairman. You can be a great businessman, but a worst husband and father and vice versa. I don't get your logic and I don't have plans to get it.

I will not dispose Jin. I will not give him up. I will not! I will submit my resignation letter tomorrow. I have more important things to do than to prove myself to you."

Jungkook grabbed his bag and his coat and rushed outside the office. What had transpired angered him more than worried him. Truly, Jin changed his belief. Or was love changed him?

Going to Busan somehow alleviated his anger but it made him worry. He was so eager to know the other group who have the same interest as him. Meeting them that day was something he was looking forward to. He was hoping for some positive outcome as he and his team were working for it for quite some time now.

After an hour of travel, he was now seated in a hotel cafeteria. Beside him was Taehyung who was on the phone talking to the other group that they would be meeting.

"Boss, they are here," Taehyung whispered. And the person he was about to meet halted as they met eyes.

"You?" Jungkook uttered in surprise.

***

I DID NOT CHECK SO PARD0N THE ERRORS. TO EVERYONE ASKING, YES, I'M OKAY. THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL. STAY SAFE AT HOME.