Ch. 8 - First Night

“Fuck!” Jungkook sat down on his bed after tossing and turning for countless of times. "I swear, that fish is a witch. He put a magical spell on me, so I won't be able to doze.”

He looked at himself in the vast wall mirror in front of his bed. It was now 1 in the morning, and he was wide awake with no hint of getting fall asleep soon.

Jin was in his head from the moment he and Jimin arrived. Jimin kept on guilt-tripping him while fixing the packages Jimin sent for him. He cannot imagine Jin being on the front page of a broadsheet tomorrow morning, either dead or nabbed because of mistaken identity. And he will forever regret it because he pushed him away.

Jungkook climbed down from the bed, grabbing his sweatpants and a white shirt and wearing them. He then picked his car key and went out of his bedroom mumbling curses.

“I wish that fish isn't there anymore. I can't believe Jimin will trap me into this shit.” Jungkook whined as he drove out of the gate of his house.

Jungkook stopped in front of the park entrance. The place was dark and empty. The usual busy place was quiet. Only the lamp posts lighted the area and the cars passing were the only noise that can be heard. Jungkook checked his mobile phone and it was exactly 1:15 in the morning.

Annoyed, he hopped off his car and headed to where they left Jin earlier and he stopped looking in disbelief when he saw Jin still sitting on the bench, hugging both of his legs, swaying his body back and forth and a muffled sound of crying echoes on the stillness of the night.

"Hey, you fish!" Jungkook called and his eyes were shocked when Jin looked up to him.

Jin's eyes were swelling and even in the dark, they were red and puffy. Jin wiped his tears and lowered his legs on the ground.

"So where is your friend?" Jungkook asked in a very unfriendly tone.

Jin looked down, hugging his small bag. "He did not come back for me." Jin sobbed in between words.

Jungkook scoffed and crossed his arms against his chest, one of his feet tapping on the ground. "Of course, obviously, he doesn't want you around. Who does anyway?"

Jin pouted and shook his head. "That's not true. Hoseok is a good friend. Maybe he's lost too just like me."

"Whatever! Get up!" Jungkook turned away and walked towards the entryway. He looked back and saw Jin still sitting on the bench. He clicked his tongue and glared at Jin. "Fish! Aren't you coming or you want the mosquitoes to take and fly you away?"

Jin's eyes widened after hearing what Jungkook had said. He stood up immediately, sprinting towards Jungkook. "I was there in the dark but there are no big mosquitoes. Are there really big mosquitoes here in Seoul?"

Jungkook snorted as he opened the passenger door. "Yes! So get in!"

Jin settled on the passenger seat, his eyes following Jungkook's every move. Once Jungkook got inside the car and started the engine, he first checked if Jin's seatbelt was fastened. Confirming that it was not, Jungkook reached out, pulled, and fastened it.

"T-thank you," Jin said. His voice gentle, words softly spoken. Jungkook ignored him and just sped off.

Jin leaned his head against the window, staring blankly on the dim road. His eyes still glassy as he thinks about what happened to his friend. He knew that Hoseok will never abandon him. He was more worried as he knows that Hoseok didn't know anyone from Seoul.

As they reached the house again, Jin walked behind Jungkook. His steps calculated as he was afraid to get scolded. He had enough of it on the island. But his eyes fixed on the flowers in the garden and he was itching to pick some more.