Ch. 9 - Unlucky Day

Jungkook closed the last button of his suit as he prepares himself to office. Getting coffee and sandwich from his favorite shop was part of his daily routine but since he woke up late today, he asked Taehyung to buy breakfast for him.

He went straight to the storage room to check on Jin. And as expected, Jin was sleeping, mouth opened, and snoring softly. If not because of his work today, he sure still be on his bed sleeping.

Living alone for so many years taught him many things but to cook. He sure can cook fried dishes like egg or sausage or cook rice in a cooker but nothing fancy. All his foods were either instant or from delivery.

His routines every morning were the same. After buying breakfast, he will go straight to his father's company to work until 4 in the afternoon. A night out every weekend was a must and he often ended up in bed with some random guy.

But ever since his father insisted on him getting married, he started to lie low and spend his weekends at home or at a friend's house. To keep himself clean from prying individuals, avoiding being photographed by them or by the media.

But that morning, he noticed how the eyes of everyone in the building were on him as soon as he arrived. There were groups who nudged each other when they saw him walking while others dispersed.

It's not that it never happened before but people were like that to him when there's a controversy about him or about his father's company. But this time, he was clueless.

He pulled out his phone while waiting for the elevator and dialed Jimin's number.

"Hey!"

"Can you be sweet and greet me good morning?" Jimin whined on the other line.

But as usual, Jungkook ignored him. "I went back to him last night. He's at my house sleeping when I left."

"I know," Jimin said lazily causing Jungkook to look around and let the other employees ride the elevator first.

"What do you mean you know?"

Jimin giggled from the other line. "Kook, you know how famous you are for being a bachelor and a playboy. So it's expected that when someone saw you doing outrageous things, your face will immediately be in the social media."

Jungkook went quiet for a while. He cannot understand what Jimin was talking about. "What the hell happened? As far as I know, I don't have any issues lately."

Jimin laughed more as if mocking at Jungkook. "Your face is all over social media. I guess someone spotted you picking Jin up at the park and followed you because you also have a picture waiting at the traffic light. Obviously, everything was shot with a mobile phone camera. So probably, just a normal citizen who saw you."

"That's ridiculous!" Jungkook yelled in a whisper.

"Yes, I agree." Jimin chuckled from the line.

"Can you drop to my house and look after Jin? I left him still sleeping. I'm not comfortable that he's alone there. I don't want to go home with my house burning down. Let's talk again later. The elevator is here."

Jungkook dropped the call and impatiently waited for his floor. The elevator was unusually quiet with several employees with him inside. He knew that they already saw the post because if not, they should be chatting endlessly right now.

Taehyung was right in the hallway waiting for him and bowed as soon as he stepped out of the elevator. "Your coffee and sandwich are on your desk, boss. Also, Chairman Jeon called and asked that you return his call."

"Sit." Jungkook pointed at the chair in front of his desk and Taehyung sat down looking worried. "Have you checked the social media this morning?"

Taehyung's eyes darted around the room feeling a little nervous. He knew, by the tone of Jungkook's voice, that his boss wasn't happy. "Boss, first of all, I know what you're talking about. I did not inform you right away because I don't want to stress you this early morning."

Jungkook clenched his jaw but chose to stay calm. Taehyung was right, it was too early to stress himself out. "Show me the post."

Taehyung quickly pulled out his phone and browsed in a social media app. He then showed Jungkook the post that most likely, everyone was talking about.

Jimin was right, the post had a thousand likes and thousand shares. It was a picture of him opening the car door for Jin. And the other one, he was in the car waiting for the green light and Jin was shown in the picture with a big fat smile on his face. Something that made him more irritated.

Looks like the hottest man in South Korea is already taken. Sorry bitches, pick up the broken pieces of your hearts. 💔💔💔

The caption made Jungkook scroll down for the comments and most of them said:
"I am broken-hearted",
" I am hoping that the guy is Park Jimin but he's not. It might be true."
"😭😭😭 Please don't tell me he's getting married."
"My heart. Nooooo!"

"This is bullshit! So it means when I have a passenger, he's immediately my boyfriend? What kind of stupidity is that?" Jungkook complained while giving back Taehyung's phone.

"Boss, I saw one commenter said that it's the first time they saw the guy so people assumed that you're just keeping your relationship from the public. And the fact that you met with him at that time and in that place, their assumptions could be true." Taehyung narrated that made Jungkook even more enraged.

"And since when did they become an analyst of my personal life? I swear if my dad sees this--"

Ringgggg!

"Shit!" Jungkook slammed his hand on his desk causing Taehyung to jerk in his seat. Taehyung stood up to get the phone and cleared his throat before speaking. And as expected, it was Jungkook's father on the other line.

Taehyung handed the phone to Jungkook and Jungkook took a deep breath before speaking to his father. And to his surprise, his father's voice was different from the last time he talked to him.

"Son!" Chairman Jeon's tone was lively. Jungkook can tell that his father was smiling from ear to ear. "I already saw the news and is that the guy you're telling me you will introduce to me in a month?"

Jungkook covered the mouthpiece and cursed before answering his father. "Dad, please do not rush me. I will introduce someone to you once everything is settled between me and whoever is my boyfriend."

His father laughed from the other line and he remembered Jimin laughing the same way just earlier. "Come on son! I'm not rushing you. I just want to confirm. I really thought you're lying when you asked me to give you a month. I am impressed that you did not lie. You're good at keeping secrets huh? So how long you and that guy have a secret relationship?"

Jungkook lolled his forehead in his hand. How can he be so unlucky? "Dad, please. Not now. I want everything to be as private as possible. So please, I have a lot of works to do. Let's talk some other time. And oh! Please don't come to my house. Not now. I will tell you once I'm ready."

Jungkook put down the phone mumbling incoherent words. He thought his day was going to be okay but it started to mess up as hours passed by. And one more call made him scream in frustration. His mobile phone was ringing and it was Jimin calling. He had double thoughts answering the call as he wanted to blame Jimin for what was happening in his life.

"What?!"

"Where is Jin?!" Jimin screamed from the other line.