Ch. 37 - Discoveries

"I'm glad you're okay," Yoongi walked side by side with Jin as soon as their class ended. "I was so worried when Jungkook was looking for you."

Jin giggled, unconsciously clung to Yoongi's arm. "I'm fine. I was just unlucky that day. And I think it was my fault. I did not listen to Kookoo."

"I still don't think it's a good reason for him to kick you out of the car," Yoongi stopped in front of his mother's office, Jin's arm still in his. He didn't know why he's comfortable around Jin though he knew it was not allowed in school. But knowing Jin's personality, Jin was likely to be friendly with anyone. "I won't be here again this weekend. I need to go to Busan. It's been years since I am going back and forth there. Just giving you a heads-up. I will be informing Jungkook as well."

Jin's cheeks puffed as soon as he smiled. He had been in a happy mood. He sure did have morning sickness but it immediately went away after eating ice cream. "I've been to Busan once. The port. I arrived there with my best friend. Then we took a bus going here to Seoul."

Yoongi looked at Jin curiously. He knew Jin was from Jeju. He also knew a little of Jin's background, like he's an orphan, he only finished grade school but he never once asked why he chose to live in the city or why he left the island. "When you leave Jeju, are you aware that city life can be cruel? Or perhaps, expecting a job here? Did someone send you here? Or your friend know someone from here? I mean, that was brave. Leaving your hometown just to be in a place you're not familiar with."

Jin removed his arm from Yoongi. Remembering his best friend always makes him sad. "No. We don't know anyone here. We were divers. We are used to living a hard life so we know that we can survive the city. I mean, any job will do. Our boss there used to feed us based on our catch. He's also screaming a lot. So we escaped. But I lost my friend."

"Oh! I'm sorry to hear about that. So his body was brought back to Jeju?"

Jin pouted. He was confused about Yoongi's question. "His body? I don't know."y

Yoongi was taken aback. The answer also confused him. "So you didn't know where he was buried?"

Jin's eyes widened as he gasped. Then he laughed when he knew that Yoongi did not understand him. "He did not die. You're so funny! We just lost each other. I left the seat where he left me. He told me not to. But I saw Starbucks and got so excited. Then the police chased me. Someone gave me a wallet and they thought I stole it. I hid inside a van. And that's how I met Kookoo."

Yoongi's mouth fell open. What he just heard was something he saw only in movies. Jin's story made him question a lot more about Jungkook and it made him discover something about Jin.

He now wanted to question Jungkook's intention. If he just met Jin just recently, how come he became his fiance? And to think that Jin was oblivious, did Jungkook just taking advantage of that?

He knew that Jungkook's father wanted Jungkook to get married before giving him the company. He knew because his mom is Mrs. Jeon's close friend. Is Jungkook just using Jin knowing Jin will not complain?

"Jin, you mean you met Jungkook just a few months back? How come you and him got engaged that fast?"

Jin's eyes widened. It just dawned in him that he said something he should not. And he knew he would be in trouble once Jungkook learned. He tapped his mouth several times, his eyes closed, disappointed by how talkative he was. "I should have not said that! Kookoo will get angry."

"No, he won't. I won't tell him. Did he do something odd for you to marry him?"

Jin's eyes now turned into worry. The thoughts of the contract rushed in his head. If there was something he hated, it was making Jungkook angry. "No. Kookoo is very nice to me. Why would he do something odd? And what does odd mean? And why would he do that? Kookoo will not do that. He's very nice. His parents are nice too."

Yoongi, though not satisfied with Jin's answer, just let it slide. In the first place, he had nothing to do with Jin's life. There's no reason to pry. It's Jin's life anyway. But it's a pity if in case Jungkook has been doing dirty and using Jin just to get his father's company. But instead of being nosy about someone else's life, he had something more important to do.

"I'm sorry about that. Anyway, I'll introduce someone to you tomorrow."

***

Jin was smiling while walking out of school. Holding his still flat stomach, he couldn't believe he was carrying a child and would soon become a father. Though he knew he had something else to worry about, he wanted to enjoy every moment of being pregnant.

His smile slowly disappeared when he saw Namjoon at the gate, looking at him with a big smile and dimples apparent. "You're not happy to see me?"

Jin suddenly went back to his senses after hearing Namjoon. "No, no. Of course not. I'm just surprised you visit me. How are you?"

Namjoon handed Jin an ice cream cup making Jin smile and excited. "You said you've been craving ice cream."

Jin nodded as he opened the cup, dunked the plastic spoon, and scooped a chunk. His eyes sparkled in delight as he tasted the dessert. He had been eating a lot of it and he couldn't get enough. "It's delicious! Thank you. Let's sit there?"

Namjoon watched Jin as Jin finished two cups in one sitting. He was smiling the whole time. He knew Jin never once tasted ice cream on the island and he was happy that Jin got to experience something pleasant.

"Joonie?"

"Mmmm?"

Jin looked at Namjoon. His eyes sad as he met Namjoon's own. It's been a while since he and Hoseok got separated. "Can you look for Hoseok? I'm shy to ask Kookoo the favor. Kookoo is looking for my parents. I don't want to give him another burden."

Namjoon held Jin's hand and placed it between his. He could feel the sadness laced in Jin's voice and Jin's eyes. They had been texting in a while now and Jin kept on mentioning that he felt guilty leaving Hoseok. "I am. Please don't worry. Hoseok will never get mad at you. And you know what? I am not that worried about him. Hoseok is strong-headed and independent. I'm sure he will survive the city and probably, he already found a job and also looking for you. I'll be more worried if I saw him first and we don't know where you are. You're still my baby brother."

A tear fell from Jin's eyes. He just realized now how much he missed Namjoon. Namjoon always says the amazing things that would make him feel better in an instant. And he proved it again this time. "Joonie, I'm pregnant."

Namjoon's mind faltered for a moment. His lips parted as he thought he was out of air. He thought everything around him stopped, his thought tried to catch and soak up on the information he just heard. Jin is his baby. He couldn't be pregnant. "A-are you serious?"

Jin, without a smile, nodded.

Frustrated, Namjoon raked his hair with his fingers. He didn't know if he was angry, or just shocked by what happened. "Did he forced you to do that? You don't even know how to make a baby."

"I know. Hoseok told me."

"Hoseok?!"

Jin nodded. "He said he was having sex with his boyfriend at the shore. He said it was amazing. I didn't know how the baby was formed inside me but I know it's because of sex. I'm sorry if I disappoint you. But I do love Kookoo. I do. And he did not force me."

Before Namjoon could protest, a sports car stopped in front of them and Jungkook alighted quickly. His eyes fixed at Namjoon, though it wasn't a glare, it sure wasn't friendly. Jin knew Jungkook didn't like it and he knew he didn't listen again. He quickly stood up and clung to Jungkook's arm. "I told Joonie to visit me. I hope it's okay."

Jungkook's eyes remained at Namjoon and Namjoon withstand the stares. "I brought ice cream for him. And can we talk? Privately?"

Jin's eyes anxiously darted from Jungkook to Namjoon. He didn't want to witness a fistfight. He knew Jungkook could be harsh and he knew Namjoon would not back out. Jungkook opened the passenger door and instructed Jin to get it. "Just wait here. This will be quick."

Before Jungkook could close the door, Jin clutched Jungkook's wrist, his eyes were pleading. "Please don't fight."

Jungkook kissed Jin's forehead and smiled. "I won't."