Ch. 4 - Hide

3 A.M.

The boat will leave at exactly 4 in the morning. Hoseok slowly stands up and taps Jin's shoulder who is wide awake and smiles at him.

"Are you ready?" Hoseok whispered.

Jin sits down on his bunk bed and pulls a small bag beside his thin pillow, showing it to Hoseok.

Hoseok tiptoes and slowly opens the door of their bedroom. Boss usually sleeps in the living room to guard the divers and prevent them from escaping. As expected, Boss is snoring loud as ever a sign that he is fast asleep.

Hoseok waves at Jin and Jin slowly slides down from his bunk bed, swinging the small bag on his shoulder. Hoseok grabs his own bag and unhurriedly, they walk out of the room.

Trying hard not to make a noise, Hoseok holds Jin's hand as they make their way to the front door. Hoseok gently pushes Boss's legs that obstruct the door.

Jin covers his face when Boss moves, scratching his big tummy as he shifts in bed. Hoseok eyes wide as he stares at Boss, praying that he will not open his eyes. Fortunately, Boss just continues to snore and Hoseok sighs in relief.

Hoseok carefully gets the key from Boss's waistband and tries the dozen of keys that are hanging on the chain. After several tries, the lock finally opens. And Hoseok gently puts back the keys on the bed.

They run fast as soon as they got out of the staff house. "We're almost free Jinnie." Hoseok smiles.

But at the shore where the boat to Busan is currently docked, they saw Namjoon. Hoseok and Jin stopped.

Hoseok looked at Jin. "Did you tell him?"

Jin's face looks like he's about to cry. He did not realize that Namjoon has the possibility to stop their escape.

Namjoon walks to them and hands two pieces of paper. "Ticket."

Hoseok and Jin look at Namjoon, both confused.

"Just keep the money so the two of you will have pocket money. Get in now before Boss finds out that you're not in your beds." Namjoon smiles at the two.

Jin hugs Namjoon tightly. Finally breaking into a cry. "Thank you Joonie. I will miss you."

Namjoon wraps his arm around Jin and kisses him on his forehead. "I don't want you to go but if that will make you happy, then I'm okay with that. Once I'm there to study, let's meet at the Yeonnamdong. Okay?"

Jin stares at Namjoon and wipes his tears. "I will wait for you there."

Namjoon playfully pushes Jin to go. "Go now before I change my mind."

Hoseok pulls Jin before shaking Namjoon's hand. After he said thank you and bid goodbye, Jin and he went inside the boat, taking the corner most part to hide.

Hoseok holds Jin's hand and smiles at him. "In an hour, we will be in Busan. Five hours bus to Seoul and our dream is finally coming true. At last, we can have a better life there."

Jin nods his head smiling so widely. He clings on Hoseok's arm and leans his head on Hoseok's shoulder. He cannot wait to be there. He cannot wait to see the other side of the world.

***

"Are we here?" Jin asked as one of the staff of the boat announced that they arrived Busan. The sky is still a bit dark but the sun is peeking at the horizon and will rise anytime.

"Yes. Let's go." Hoseok never let Jin's hand go as they unload from the boat.

As soon as their feet step at the docks, Jin looks up the sky and spreads his arms wide. Breathing the sea air and spinning around. "I'm free! We're free!"

Hoseok chuckles as he watches his friend enjoy the new surrounding. Though the place does not show what the real city looks like, for Jin, being out of the island is heaven.

Jin's big smile never left his face. His eyes are busy looking around. Everything is new to him. He has never seen a lot of cars before. Though they are still near the Busan shoreline, his eyes sparkle as he sees the skyline of Busan from afar.

He excitedly rides the bus with Hoseok. Time is not a burden as his eyes never left the window, gazing in awe. The buildings, the long bridges connecting the cities, also see some farmlands and parks along the way making Jin more excited.

"I'm hungry." Jin nudges Hoseok's arm as they travel by bus to Seoul. It's been three hours since they have been sitting and traveling by bus. The sun is already out and when Hoseok looks at the bus clock, it's already 10 in the morning. They haven't eaten breakfast yet.

"We will eat once we arrive in Seoul. Okay?" Hoseok gave Jin a reassuring smile. Jin has been complaining about being hungry but they still have two hours to go. "Sleep for a while. I will wake you up later."

Jin frowns but nothing else he can do. He leans his head on Hoseok's shoulder and sleeps.

***

Jin's eyes are full of joy as they reach Seoul. His mouth opens wide as he admires the beauty of the city. Never he imagined that Seoul will be as amazing as the one he is seeing right now.

They sit in a park with food booths around. Jin still looks extremely excited. He is smiling like a kid as he scoots his eyes around the park.

"Jinnie, I will buy foods. You stay here, okay? Don't go anywhere." Hoseok bent over to look and talk to Jin but Jin is just busy looking around. "Jin!!"

Jin looks perplexed when Hoseok yelled. He nods at Hoseok before Hoseok walks around to buy something to eat.

Jin stands up as he noticed the tall building from across the street. He stayed in place as he enjoys the height and aesthetic of the building.

"Lotte." He reads and he smiles proudly as he can read the sign aloud. When he looks down, his brows furrowed then suddenly, it shots open,  he gasps in enthusiasm as he reads the store sign. "Starbucks?! That's Starbucks!"

Without thinking, he runs towards the pedestrian lane. Luckily, the light is red, he immediately crosses the street. He quickly walks in front of the shop adorned with white and green flags, signboards, and posters. The smell of coffee hits Jin's nose.

But then a man gives something to him before running away. His eyes followed the man, he waves the wallet. He is extremely confused about why someone gave him a wallet. Then someone shouts from afar.

"There! There's my wallet!" A woman screamed.

Jin stared at the wallet before finally realizing what is happening. He saw two policemen arriving at the scene and him, panicking, he throws the wallet on the ground and runs. Runs as fast as he could. He just arrived in Seoul and he will go behind bars for a crime he did not even commit? He can hear the police whistling from nearby.

His heart beating fast. He is scared. He doesn't know what to do. He just runs until he sees a van with the door opened. He goes inside, specifically at the back, he sits on the carpeted car floor, hugging his legs and hiding in between seats as he breathes heavily. He holds his chest, exhausted and hungry, he cries silently.

"Hobiii..." He whispered. He lost his friend and only companion. Now he doesn't know what to do as the police are running after him.

His eyes widened when boxes are loaded at the seat in front of him. He can see several boxes above him. He crouches more. Then the door of the van closes. The van gently moves, someone went inside. A pleasant smell surrounds the van. His eyes darted on the small space at the back of the car.

"Call Jimin and tell him the deliveries arrived." A man's voice echoed inside the van.

Then a much deeper voice followed. "Yes, boss. In your mansion now?"

"Yes, please."

The van moves with a bewildered Jin at the back.