Ch. 26 - Endearing

Two Weeks Later

Jungkook walked down the stairs in his suit. He has several business meetings today and he needed to be in the office as early as possible. He's avoiding his father's wrath lately as his father has been insisting on meeting Jin.

Expecting to see Jin in the kitchen waiting for him for breakfast, his brows furrowed only to see a sandwich inside a ziplock, a banana beside the plate, and a note sticking on his lunch bag.

Here's your breakfast Kookoo. There's a coffee on the maker and I prepared a protein shake for you.

A splash of water coming from the swimming pool made Jungkook turned his face in the direction of the backyard. Seeing Jin's head appear and disappear from the water made him smile. If there are two things he knew Jin truly enjoyed, it's swimming and Starbucks.

Jungkook waited at the end of the pool, watching Jin stayed under the water longer than normal. He surely knows how to swim but he could say Jin is amazing in that field. In the first place, he knew that Jin used to be a diver.

At last, Jin's head appeared from the water. With his hair covering his pinkish face and water dripping towards his broad shoulder. Jin wiped his face with his hands and shoved his wet hair at the back. He smiled automatically seeing Jungkook standing at the edge of the pool.

"Hi! Good morning!" Jin greeted cheerfully which earned a smile from Jungkook.

"Good morning!" Jungkook greeted back.

"I prepared breakfast for you. Did you see it?"

"I did. Thank you. Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

Jin shook his head.

"Then get out of the pool and let's eat," Jungkook grabbed the towel lying on the chair and waited for Jin to get out of the pool. Seeing Jin without a shirt on made him stare at Jin's well-toned body longer. If he didn't know that Jin is a swimmer, he would think Jin is working out.

Jin waddled on the way to Jungkook with his hands clutched together because the wind made him cold.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon!" a deep but cheerful voice greeted from the back making Jungkook pulled Jin to him and hid him in his arms, wrapping the towel around Jin's body.

Jin looked startled as his wet body sticks to Jungkook's suit. "Why are you so early?"

Taehyung looked confused as he looked at his wristwatch. "We... have a meeting today sir?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I know but you're extra early."

Taehyung smiled while scratching his head. "I... I just want to be early. And. I haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"That's why. Get in and wait for us in the dining," Jungkook ordered and he heard Taehyung mumbled a happy yes. He then turned to Jin whose eyes never leave his.

"I'm wet Kookoo. I ruined your suit," Jin looks worried knowing that Jungkook is hugging him and he's wet.

Jungkook sighed. "Please be careful next time. I don't want just anyone seeing you without a shirt on. Do you understand?"

Jin pouted and his eyes turned round. "But on the island, I was swimming--"

'That's on the island and you're here in Seoul. And that's different."

Jin nodded. "I'm sorry."

Jungkook finally released Jin from his arms only to hold Jin's hand again making Jin stop from walking. Jin looked at Jungkook's hand holding his then to Jungkook's eyes.