Ch. 7 - Goodbyes

"So tell me, how can I introduce him to my parents? He's picking up dirty foods and he doesn't mind eating them." Jungkook complained. His face looking disgusted at Jin.

Jimin made face, rolling his eyes at Jungkook. "He can learn how to do the right thing!"

Taehyung with his mouth opened just looked at his boss and Jimin bickered. "Uh, wait?"

Jungkook and Jimin looked at Taehyung at the same time.

"You know, before planning ahead. We don't even know where he came from? What he's doing in life and why he's here?" Taehyung suggested but his face a bit worried. He's afraid to speak his mind as he's only Jungkook's assistant.

"Exactly! What if he's a criminal?" Jungkook said patting Taehyung on his shoulder.

"You're the bad boy." Jin murmured as he finished the last piece of chicken. Neatly putting the bone on the plate and wiping his hands on his shirt.

"Can you stop murmuring comments?" Jungkook turned to Jin who just pouts and looks at Jimin with a smile. "And look at him, Jimin. He doesn't even know how to wash his hands."

"Jungkook you fuc-- listen to me! Can you shut your mouth up and stop complaining? Fix your manners first before fixing others you son of a bitch!" Jimin just mouthed the last four words to Jungkook. He's avoiding to be corrected by Jin. He then turned back to Jin after ranting at Jungkook who leaned his back on the chair where he was seated. "Jin, where are your parents?"

"I don't know my parents. The old lady who took care of me told me that my parents left me when I was three." Jin answered, his jolly personality slowly changed. Sadness filled his eyes.

"So where is the old lady now?" Jimin inquired again.

"She died when I was 12."

Jimin looked at Jungkook trying to make him feel guilty. "So who took care of you?"

"Namjoon."

"Your brother?"

Jin shook his head. "He was my friend and also our neighbor. He is a good boy. He brought me to Boss and I worked there. I am a diver."

"Diver? Wow!" Taehyung said, amazed while staring at Seokjin. He was intently listening to Jin's answers.

Jin suddenly felt good that someone complimented him. "I can swim deep in the sea. We dive for abalones. Boss will sell it to the local restaurants. The more catch we have, the more delicious our meals will be. Thank you for the fried chicken. So delicious!"

Jungkook snorted as he looked at the bones on Jin's plate. "Obviously."

"So you grew up diving? Did you go to school? How did you get here in Seoul?" Jimin popped so many questions when he noticed that Jin only answers short. Jimin wanted to know more.

Jin nodded. "I studied until 6th grade. Since grandma died, I needed to work. Boss is a bad person. He will only feed us seaweed soup and rice every day. Namjoon told me that Seoul is a very nice city. It has malls and Starbucks. Hoseok and I..."

"Who is Hoseok?"

"He's the one with me when we escaped from Jeju. But I lost him." Jin frowned. He stared at the table remembering what happened to him and Hoseok. "I don't know the place where I lost him. He buys food because I'm so hungry. But I saw a Starbucks across the street. I went there. I am looking forward to seeing Starbucks that's why I got so excited. But someone gave me a wallet. Then he left. Then the police ran after me. I saw an open door. I went inside to hide. Then I ended up here."