Ch. 48 - String

Taehyung looked stressed out sitting beside a man in a suit. His face was obviously scared. He was in Jungkook's father's office with Mr. Jeon's assistant and Mrs. Jeon.

"You scared Taehyung just to be here. So heartless," Mrs. Jeon watched Taehyung fidget with his fingers. She was sorry that Taehyung had to be dragged by his husband just to fish out some information.

"He will eventually say everything to Jungkook the moment he stepped out of this office. So I better know something before he tells something to his boss," Mr. Jeon smirked. He knew to whom Taehyung's loyalty belonged. The exact reason why he needed to pull him in.

Mr. Jeon's assistant gave the documents to Mr. Jeon and went on with the information, "Mr. Jeon Jungkook and Mr. Park Jimin are in the process of building a three floor inn on Mara Island and beside that will be a seafood restaurant. They will hire locals to work with them. Mara is an island near Jeju. There are only about 200 people living there, but the tourism is really huge and promising. I believed, Mr. Kim Seokjin, your son's partner, came from that island.

Also, I learned that they are currently in talk with the local government of Mara. They will build additional classrooms for the public school there. Also, they will donate transportation boats so the locals, especially the students, would have easier access to Busan and Jeju to study and work."

Mrs. Jeon snorted, and gave her husband a mocking look. "I told you, Jungkook has no plan to compete with your business. He's actually doing better than you. I am sure, he's thinking of Jin while planning that business. So you have no right to tell me now that he's still using Jin to get what he wants."

Mr. Jeon ignored his wife's ranting and signaled his assistant to proceed.

"Mr. Seokjin was a diver from Jeju. Jungkook's former lawyer told me that Seokjin accepted the contract not for money, but for the opportunity to find his parents. However, it did not materialize as Jungkook did not sign the contract. The lawyer admitted that Mr. Ken hired someone to forge the signature."

"Gosh, honey. I've called Jungkook for weeks now and never once answer my calls. It's frustrating. How can you be so heartless? Why do you keep on pushing him to do things he doesn't want?"

"And why did you tolerate him and never told me that he hired someone to be his husband?"

Mrs. Jeon sighed, "And if I told you? You will only hate him, won't you? He's doing amazing in his position. Isn't that enough to get the ownership of your company? And I can say that he's better now after he met Jin. It's true, he made a mistake by thinking about that contract. But he regretted that.

And for once, Jungkook told you that his signature was forged, isn't that enough reason not to trust Ken? You really chose that insolent over your son?"

"I cannot let him marry a nameless person. How do you think the business world would react to that?"

Mrs. Jeon rolled her eyes, "Yeah, right. It's all about you in the end. Your reputation, your name. Then why did you let him decide whom to marry if you will decide in the end? That's stupid."

"I thought he's smart and will look for someone educated, wealthy--"

"Oh! Look who's talking. And how about you, you think you're smart for choosing Ken? And I am sure Jungkook is smart for choosing Jin instead of your non-sense. Instead of earning big, he planned to build a business on a small island that would create jobs for the locals. Because he knew what Jin went through. Isn't that sweet? Unlike you."

Taehyung suddenly buts in with a naughty smile on his face, "And by the way, did you know? My boss already found Jin's mother. Mrs. Min. The school owner."