Ch. 33 - Realization

Jin walked behind Jungkook as they arrived home. He was worried not only because he lost his belongings but most of all, that was the first time he saw Jungkook cried.

Jungkook noticed that Jin was walking slower as if doing it on purpose. He looked back and Jin halted. His hands formed into a fist. He was nervous.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook held Jin's hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"Kookoo, I'm sorry about accepting the flowers. And I'm sorry I lost my phone and wallet. Please don't get mad at me," Jin was about to cry again but Jungkook pulled him for a hug.

"Okay. I'll be honest, I am annoyed about the flowers but it's fine. He gave it because it's your birthday and I hope that's his only reason. Stop saying sorry, you did nothing wrong. And no, you did not lose your phone and wallet. You dropped it on the car floor. I saw it when I arrived home. And even if you lost it, yourself is more important than those."

Jin's face brightened after hearing some reassuring words from Jungkook. "Really?"

Jungkook nodded his head and gave Jin a quick kiss. "For now, go upstairs, take a shower, change, and take a rest."

"But I still need to cook dinner for you. And I'm hungry."

"I will bring your food upstairs."

Jin looked at Jungkook surprised. "You will?"

"Yes. You need to take a shower now and change. Your clothes are wet. You might catch a cold."

"But your clothes are wet too. You need to shower too. Maybe... We can. Take a shower together?" Jin pursed his lips, avoiding his lips to curve up. But his eyes were saying the obvious.

Jungkook chuckled at Jin's expression. "Next time, okay? Stop tempting me. It's not working. Go now."

Jungkook playfully pushed Jin and pinched Jin's butt causing Jin to look back at Jungkook with a surprised expression. Confusion washed through his face when Jungkook winked at him. The pinch and the wink clogged his mind his mouth parted and slowly it protruded. Looking away, it amused Jungkook that Jin blushed by his teasing.

Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he dialed a number, he walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, rummaging the stacks of supplies he still has. Finally, the person picked up the call. "Mom,"

"Jungkookie! My baby. How are you? Oh gosh, I miss you. When will you visit us?"

Jungkook snorted hearing his mother babying him still. "I miss you too. I called to ask how to cook tofu and kimchi stew."

A sudden silence came after. Jungkook looked at the screen to check if his mom dropped the call but as soon as he confirmed that the call is still active, he called out. "Mom?"

"Jungkook? Is that really you? Are you really asking me to teach you how to cook?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Mom, Jin got caught in the rain. He needs some soup. Stop making this a big deal and just teach me. Will you?"

***

Jungkook just finished taking a shower and already in his boxer shorts and a tank top with dropped armhole. With the tray in his hands, he knocked on Jin's bedroom, and in just a couple of seconds, Jin opened the door. Eyes roaming on Jungkook's chest and sides.

Jungkook smirked. He loved it whenever Jin is flustered over his body. It's not that Jin didn't mention it but Jin was very vocal that he found Jungkook sexy.

"I cooked soup for you," Jungkook walked past Jin who was still in a daze. "Come over here, sit down on your bed and eat."

Jin without even saying a word followed the instructions well. In his usual oversized shirt, he crawled to the bed and settled. Fixing the ends of the thin white shirt to cover at least a quarter of his exposed thighs. He was slow to move but confusion still rounding his thoughts. "You cooked?"