Ch. 19 - Payment

Jungkook adjusted his necktie while going down the stairs. He was late for work today but asked Taehyung to cancel his early morning meetings as he promised Jin to take him to school.

Jungkook saw Jin at the garden watering the plants while humming. He glanced at his watch and sighed. "Hey, seafood!"

Jin looked behind and smiled at Jungkook. "Good morning boyfriend Kookoo!'

Jungkook rolled his eyes. He hated being called like that but Jimin advised him to just let it slide. In reality, they both should be on good terms by now as Jungkook's father had been bothering him about their wedding.

"You have classes today. Are you going to just water the plants the whole day?" Jungkook crossed his arms against his chest as he watched Jin rushed to turn the faucet off.

Jin wiped his hands on his pants and ran inside the house to get his bag. When he went back, Jungkook was inside the car waiting for him.

"Next time, always be ready and stop doing something else before going to school," Jungkook ranted as he drove off the driveway with Jin who was still fixing his seatbelt.

"I was waiting for you to go down for breakfast but you're not coming. So I put your breakfast in a container," Jin showed a paper bag to Jungkook. "I also prepared something for lunch. It's also here."

"What? Seaweed soup? That's all you know."

"Ooops! You're wrong!" Jin chuckled while he puts his palm up near Jungkook's face making Jungkook annoyed. "Eggplant Pajama."

Jungkook snorted. "You sounded proud but pronounced it wrong. It's 'Parmigiana'."

"Yes! That's it!" Jin said happily.

"And how did you learn to cook Eggplant Parmigiana? It doesn't have seaweeds."

"I know," Jin pouted. "Minnie bought a recipe book and that's what I'm reading whenever I'm bored. I tried cooking this morning. I know how to cook but I want to try cooking something I only see in the books. And..."

Jin continued to talk and Jungkook just ignored but he knew that Jin improved a lot ever since he started going to school. Jin had been very expressive and comfortable. He's comfortable and talkative before but most of the time, for Jungkook, they were all non-sense. But lately, Jin had been talking a lot of new and interesting things. Though sometimes, he hated the fact that Yoongi was the one teaching Jin. For him, he couldn't accept that Yoongi could do something like that.

"Hey, seafood!" Jungkook called out when Jin hopped out of the car. Jin looked back at him. "Just wait for me at the bench, right there."

Jin looked at the bench just outside the school and nodded.

"Don't go anywhere. Just wait for me there. I will come and fetch you. Understood?"

Jin nodded again.

"You're supposed to be there by 3 pm."

Jin nodded once more. "Yes, boyfriend Kookoo. I will wait for you and will not go anywhere."

Jungkook watched Jin entered the school. Looking at the paper bag Jin left for him, he opened it and found two containers. He opened the first one and smiled unconsciously. Jin prepared a sandwich for him for breakfast. Peeking between the bread, Jin spread a generous amount of orange marmalade and peanut butter. Starting the car, he started to eat the sandwich while driving.

***

5 P.M.

Yoongi bid goodbye to his mom as she rode her car. Yoongi was about to ride his car when he noticed one of his students sitting on the bench near the driveway where most parents pick up their children.