CHAPTER 26

They had landed around 8 pm at the Delhi airport. Then it took three movies more to reach Chandigarh.

Around 12 the Ahuja's had reached their home with full stomachs as they had eaten enough at the Delhi airport. The jetlag was too much to bear with and the next day being a Saturday, they had immediately fallen asleep after locking their doors.

********

Pujita was not awake when Alia was and soon after Shaan woke up too. Their mother seemed to be in a deep sleep and none of them wanted to wake her up. The first reason was; she was tired and the second, she would breathe fire if they did.

Settling on something simple for breakfast, they opted for toasted bread and omelettes. Dividing the responsibilities in half, they were now eating at one in the afternoon.

"Oh," Pujita came out for her room looking well-rested. "I'm sorry I didn't wake up."

"It's fine," Shaan said after swallowing his bite. "Your breakfast shouldn't be cold and it's in the microwave."

Taking out her breakfast, she sat down with her kids. "That was a nice trip."

"Short but sweet."

Ahem ahem, Shaan cleared his throat.

"And we thank you for it." Alia sent a kiss his way.

Grinning like an idiot, Shaan blew kisses everywhere making them laugh.

After breakfast, they all had once again retired to their rooms. Even after resting for twelve hours straight their eyes were drooping.

Her phone pinged and an involuntary smile came up to her face. It was the message ringtone she had set especially for Arman.

'Reached?' -Arman.

"Yes, safe and sound.' she typed. 'What about you?'

'Just landed,' -Arman

'alright, rest well.'

'Do you want to meet tomorrow?' -Arman.

Alia's heart thumped loudly against her chest. She had been clear about taking it slow but of course, who was he to understand? If any fingers were pointed or raised it would be on her.

'Are you not tired?' She decided to be neutral.

'Naah, I could never be tired for you.'

Damm, that melted her heart. He sure knew how to play with her hearts strings.

'I will tell bout it tomorrow.' she wrote.

'Alright. Bye. xoxo'

XOXO?!? Her eyes widened as she read this. Was it what she thought it was?

She immediately switched the chat to Shivani. 'Oi, what does XOXO mean?'

Her reply was almost instant. 'Hugs and kisses. Google says so too.'

Alia switched the screen off and rolled on the bed, squealing loudly like a lovesick girl. Taking her phone, she kissed the screen, squealing again.

**********

"Do you want to go?" Shivani asked as she looked up from the phone screen. They were on a video call.

"Of course, I want to," Alia admitted straight away. "Sneaking out to meet your boyfriend is a must-do. Try it sometime."

"Must do," Shivani scoffed at that. "You can say that you are coming out with me and I'll be somewhere nearby."

"You stay in parking, please?" Alia made a puppy face at that.

"Hell no!" Shivani immediate denied. "Near as in, in the market or something! But not parking."

"Fine," Alia sighed. "What do I wear?"

"Backless!" Shivani suggested with a sly smile.

"Really? I thought bikini was more in style. First date and all." She shook her head muttering idiot under her breath.

"Shut up." She glared at Alia in return. "Do you remember Zaigham?"

"If he's Arman's friend then yes,"

"He took me out but asked a lot about you." She said. "Am I the duff?"

"Maybe, not sure," Alia muttered not listening in and just focusing on what to wear. Jena's would be more comfortable and it's a go-to for anywhere.

"Hey, now that's mean!"

Alaina rolled her eyes. "Fine. No, you are not. Maybe Arman asked him to do so. Don't look much into this and if possible stay away."

Shivani whined."Why?"

Alia growled in annoyance. F*ing dumbass. "Cuz' bitch, you are going away. Long-distance doesn't work much for new relationships. Plus, you will probably marry a doctor."

"Very funny. Do you want a whisper to auntie's ear about the date?"

"How does the embarrassing photos for birthday sound?"

*********

Today Shivani had brought her car. Alia was nervous and it was visible on her face. She running her sweaty hands on her Jean clad thighs. She had not even applied kajal or eyeliner for today, she had a nude lipstick and moisturizer on her face.

Her idea was to show him what her face was. If he didn't find her attractive she would know by his expressions and her time won't be wasted in such a stupid person.

"Are you ready?" Shivani asked. She had just parked the car.

"Not really," Alia shakily said. "God, I'm not supposed to be this nervous. It's just a date."

"Just the first date of your life, Alia. It's a big thing." Shivani whispered. She looked like she was panicking herself.

"Is it?"

She felt the nerves that Alia felt and immediately went in to reassure her. "Chill is going to be fine. If you want me to intervene, drop a text. Any would do and I would pose an emergency." She shrugged.

"Okay, I'll be going then." Alia shakily said nodding her herself.

Shivani pointed to the door. "Then open it and get out."

With narrowed eyes, Alia turned to glare at her. "Really?" She hissed. "Be supportive!"

Shivani made a face at that and countered in return. "Sometimes mama birds have to push the chick out."

"The chick might die."

"Or fly."

Alia moved forward to open the door but kept her eyes on her friend. "You're sick."

Shivani winked.