CHAPTER 85

You all are not good readers. 😑
Alia bought a dog. How could we forget?!

"Did they call you yet?" Jagriti ask her daughter-in-law, laksha.

Laksha shook her head. "Not yet but I'm sure they would call once the boy comes out of the OT. Alia might not but I think Armaan would give us a call." She told her Mother-in-law as she chopped the vegetables. The maid could do it, yes, but she was really nervous right now and this was the only thing that she could do with required concentration.

The elder woman sighed. " I don't like this. I prefer to be in the operation theatre rather than waiting for someone who is in sided." She grumbled, "It's anxious." She glanced at the German shepherd.

"It is." Laksha agreed.

"Does the dog keep on sleeping all day?" Jagruti asked as she noticed the dog sleeping on the carpet. "He only woke up for food if that normal?"

Laksha laughed. "Every. I like you more because Casper does not create troubles." She cooed.

Jagriti snorted. "if you wanted another child you should have one instead of taking onto a dog."

"He belongs to Alia everything that is going on Siddharth takes care of him more." Laksha smiles, "He loves to coddle the dog."

Jagriti hummed. "What about the boy? Is there any hope for him to survive the operation?"

Laksha glanced at her mother-in-law as she nodded. "Yes, this one was quite frequent. It happens in many cases of accidents and can be treated. The only thing is Advik has to take it easy."

"Ah," Jagriti commented, "How is the girl supposed to take care of the boy? Is she discontinuing her job would she hire in live-in nurse? It's going to be difficult for her to handle everything."

Laksha's chopping paused. It was obvious that it was going to be difficult for Alia to handle everything on her own. Advik would have to be handled very carefully and it would be like taking care for small child and every mother need help with that especially when she was working.

So how was Alia supposed to take care of everything on her on?

Laksha shook her head slightly, "I hav—" her phone rang and she gasped slightly.

"What are you waiting for, brat?" Jagriti frowned, "pick it up and let us know if the boy is okay or not!" She snap making lakasha hardly get up and walked towards the landline.

"Hello?" Laksha greeted in anxiousness, "okay. ." She nodded her head, "we understand." She hummed, "yes, yes,"

At the end, she placed the phone down.

"So?" Jagriti called from her spot. "How is the boy?"

Laksha smiled, "it was successful. However they would have to keep Advik in a coma for few days."

Jagriti let out a huge breath. "Induced comma is good. Good, the boy is good." That was a huge relief.

*****

Alia sat down on the couch of the private room that was allotted to her brother. This one was bigger than before and had its own sitting area.

She now wondered how was it supposed to pay for any of it in full.

"Here," a tea cup was held in front of her and she took it. Zaigham then sat down on the adjacent single seat couch. "How are you?" He asked.

Alia give a small side as she looked at the content inside the cup. "I don't know," she shook her head slowly, "I mean I am happy that the operation was successful but it's still a long way home."

"Yes, that too," Ziagham mumbled but then decided to change the topic. "I hope you don't mind that Arman had to go."

"Not at all. I am grateful enough that he could spare time to stay with me during the duration of the operation." Alia smiled. Armaan had been there for five hours and had left half an hour later when her brother was finally in the recovery room. She was grateful the office constant presence while sitting with her outside the operation room.

Silence descended once again and Alia spoke up this time. "How is your sister?" She remembered her.

"Good," he smiled, "she is still in Delhi."

Delhi, a smile came to her face. That was quite a place. She sipped on her tea slowly. This was slightly different from what she had had in her life but of course it was a tea made in hospital.

"Alia?" She looked up to see Zaigham sitting next to her now concerned expression on his face. "I know that I can never understand the dept of the situation that you are in, given that I have not experienced it but even if I try to put myself in your shoes I can only gather enough courage to say that everything is going to turn out fine for your brother."

Alia gave him a tearful smile. The tears just happened to appear on their own. " I really hope so." She croaked out and sniffed. "I really do."

Ziagham nodded staring at her with a saddened expression. He didn't know what came over him but he leaned in and Alia watched him with her big doe eyes.

She didn't move away, do he leaned in more and before he knew it, his lips were on hers.

He moved first, taking her lower lip in between his, his teeth softy grazed over it making her gasp and it just as she did that he plunged his tongue inside her mouth.

He traced every corner as his hand made way to her waist. Alia tilted her head to get a better angle and her hand went in his hair.

They jumped apart when Ziagham's phone rang and he picked it up as he moved to the windows to talk leaving Alia to wonder what she had done.