CHAPTER 116

Alia ended up pretending to sleep early. She did not even eat and did not stir when he laid down next to him.

Only when she was sure that he had gone to sleep and was not going to wake up from her getting out of the bed, she moved out of her with her phone in her hands.

Vinci dialled the number, she did not expect anyone to pick up the call. Not when the timings were over.

"Hello?"

Shit. "Uh, hello, good evening. I was checking in for someone." She told the name of her father to the operator.

"Are you a family member?"

"Yes."

"Then, madam, He is wanted at the moment. I think you were informed about his escape and we have not caught him yet."

"Okay, thank you." She rushed out with a pounding heart before hanging up the call before the operator could say anything.

This was bad. She kept a shaking hand over her heart. This was bad because it meant that the letters were definitely sent by him and they were not a prank by random person. He knew what he was doing.

And she knew why he was doing this.

Her phone rang again and this time it was an unknown number, making her consideration should pick it up at this time in the night.

She did. "Hello?"

"hello Madam, we just talked. This is my personal number."

Crap. When did she end up giving him that vibes that she was willing to talk to him personally?

"There is something that I think you would like to know related to this case."

Wait, what? "What is it?"

"He was let out for a day trip. But he ended up escaping. Usually prisoners are not let out unless passed by the court and paid for by the said party. Both of which are extremely difficult. This was not disclosed but since you are a member of his family, I think you should now."

Hold the fuck on.

Who in her family, both maternal and paternal, would go as far as to go to court and pay for his day trip outside of jail? No one would know one hard that kind of money or time to do it anyway.

But what her father had done and how violence he has become a the ending and his behaviour after he was arrested, no one would ever do that. They were all scared for life especially after the divorce.

Choose a question remained, who had gone as far as to get her father out, take up time for court, hire a lawyer and pay the fee?

"Sir, thank you for the information I didn't knew that. But can you check and tell me who it was who paid for it?" It hard to be a member of her family. Alia was sure that no one would do that and if they did, then that person was going to be held responsible.

"Hold on," she heard the shuffling of papers and waited anxiously were glancing on the clock, staring as the second hand ticked away.

"sorry, Madam. I cannot find it here maybe they choose to have it undisclosed. But since you were a member of the family, you can give a written appeal and it would be disclosed to you."

A written appeal? That was going to take time. Noting down the address, the parties associated, she agreed to write an appeal to the concerned authorities before hanging up on have again but this time only after thanking him.

Staring at the address written on the piece of paper in front of her, Alia wonder where life had come. She was once again dealing with one of her parents only this time, this one looked like he was out to kill her.

Who could have let her father out?

****

There was some tension in between them. The tension only through a breakfast table when Adhvik seemed to be in a deep conversation with her husband and not have.

As much as Alia understood that there was a reason why this happened, that he finally had some male influence in his life after a long time, she did not understand why she had to be out of it because of that.

"Advik," her control finally snapped but her voice remained polite, "good morning. I see I have to say it first because if forgot to share the moment I arrived, with Arman." They arrived together and her brother had already been sitting on the dining table, he only wished his brother-in-law.

"Uh," Advik awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "good morning, didi."

"Great. What would you like to have breakfast?"

"Pohe?" He whispered, glancing at Arman Who was already staring at Alia.

Finding it unbearable to sit with his impenetrable eyes on her, she got up. "I'll make it for you."

Even though she left to the kitchen without looking back at the dining table, Alia knew that Arman was continuously staring at her until she disappeared. Even without him saying, she knew that the conversation was going to come sooner than later.

Happy diwali!

(Lol, I am not back.) byes.