CHAPTER 42

"What did you just say?" Alia felt shivers crawl down her spine as she heard his words. The last time she had been forcefully taken by him was when he had forcefully shoved her into his car but that didn't exactly turn out to be dangerous, now did it? They had just eaten food that she felt like she had owed him.

"What?" She whispered looking at him. Frightened by his lack of warmth which she suddenly craved.

He chuckled. Something that used to be so warm and inviting now turned to something so dark and sinister. "I said, what did you just say to me?"
She gulped a bit. The lack of lighting made it all scarier than it already was.

"I said a lot of things and that if I kidnapped-"

"Not that baby," he cooed correcting her. "I meant the time when you said that I was not going to be his brother in law."

"Oh," she frowned that's what he got from all of this? "Arman se-"

"No." He let her go making her stumble back a bit. He didn't move to help her, letting her know that he was angry. "There is nothing to see and nothing to understand for me but it is only for you. I don't understand who put this in your mind that I won't be is brother-in-law but I want to assure you of something that I will be his only from the brother-in-law." He vowed with jaw set. "And I fucking mean it. There is going to be no other men in your life except me and I will make sure of it if I have to."

"Arman." She blinked back into reality after listening to his words. It scared her of what he had become within moments. Why was he being so difficult and so off the topic? Her brother was the topic of discussion.

And why was he thinking so far into all of this? They were probably five to six years left in her marriage and if it took time for her to build up a career then it was going to take even longer. Marriage was not on the cards right now.

Yet she had kept her mind cool. "What are you.." she sighed, "You need to understand this-"

"I don't care what I have to understand!" He hissed making her jump back. He didn't yell and that was scary. His calm expression made her scared of him more than ever. "You have to understand that there is going to be one brother in law in his life and that is going to be me! I am not kidding when I say this Alia and you better heed to this warning." He stared into her soul as his eyes hardened, "there is going to be no one else in your life except for me and I will make sure of that."

Something in Alia made sure that she knew he was not joking about it. He looked scary and determined about this whole matter and it made the whole situation most chilling. For all she knew she had to get out of this situation, that was the priority.

Even if she had a play by his rules because this was not the shit she was going to tolerate.

She narrowed her eyes at him slightly, "Arman, I get it. I understand where you are coming from and I won't say it." She promised him in a soft voice as if consoling a spoilt brat of a child. "I will make sure that I won't say it again ever." Who cares if it was true or not? As long as she did not said Armaan might be sated?

"Really?" He asked in an emotionless tone. "Would you now?" He didn't trust her on this. From his words and suspicions, it was clear to her.

"Yes, I promise." She nodded firmly as she reassured him and watched his expression turn at her next words. "But you need to promise him something in return." She bargained, using the advantage to herself of the situation.

"What?" Asked the suspicious man. He was suspicious, shouldn't she be?

With her firm voice even though her legs were shaking, she placed her condition forward. "You have to make sure that you won't do this again. Taking my brother out of school without mine or my mother's knowledge is not done." After all, Shaan was her brother and if anything happen to her the major blow was going to go towards her mother and her. Armaan was going to come after a long number of people.

He didn't immediately comment back but stared in her seeing nothing but sincerity in her eyes. "I promise. I won't."

"Alright then." She nodded with a slight smile. "Now that we have solved our problems, let's go out?" She pointed towards the door.

He nodded and they walked out. Her hand in his but this time the only difference was, it wasn't giving her tingly feelings rather warning her instincts of something dangerous.