CHAPTER 21

Arman
'Come to the washrooms with me.'

What? She read the message again. What did he mean by that? Is he even in his right, stable mind?

'I can't. Can't you see I'm with mum and my brother??" She typed, looking up and saw him doing so as well.

Arman
'Well then, I'm sure she'd like to meet her future son-in-law. That or to the washroom.'

For a minute Alia's breathing stopped, her heart hammered so hard that she thought the world stopped around her.

She looked up to where he had been standing by now he had gone.

Looking around, she panicked and did what he had asked her to. "Mumma?" She called her from behind.

"Yeah, baby?" Pujita answered back.

"I'm gonna go the washroom, okay?"
Pujita nodded and looked back in front.

Alia hurried walked away and to the signs that led to the washrooms. She saw Arman standing in front of the handicapped one.

Walking in front of him, she yelled, "What is—Ah!" He pulled her inside the washroom making her stumble and grab onto him.

"You lied to me!" He hissed at her with an accusing finger pointed her way.
"Of course I did! You would've shown up otherwise!" She answered back with an equal amount of anger.

"Well I did now too, didn't I?" He smirked at her, leaving her quiet for a moment.

"Arman I don't want this anymore." She whispered looking into his eyes.

"What?" He raised his voice. "You said that you would give me a chance!"

"I did," Alia admitted. "But then didn't you say that you would work on it too?" She threw his words back at this face. "The worst thing is getting caught by my mother if not leaving them alone in an unknown country but here I am. Doing what you want on the risk of getting caught. So tell me, how are you any better from those guys who trouble girls?" She harshly whispered.

Arman felt angry. Who the fuck was she to compare him to other roadside Romeos? They won't ever be at his level. She was the idiot here. Alia didn't tell anything about being caught or not and especially what she wanted from this relationship.

"Alia," he controlled his anger and talked as politely as he could. "You did not tell me, ever, what you excepted from this relationship or me. You did not tell me that you weren't comfortable telling your mother about me yet. How do you expect me to know all of this and act accordingly when you did not tell me anything? Going around pointing fingers won't get you anywhere and especially lying about things."

Looking at him with wide eyes, she felt her heart shatter. She had never really given him a second thought or this relationship. But in her defence, after coming to Bali things had taken a spontaneous turn and she did not have time to think it through.

He was right. She was at fault here.

"I'm sorry," she apologised. "I didn't have time to think about any of this. It's just been two days and day one, I was sleeping all day and the other is...well here we are." She explained or tried to. "Arman, I'm really sorry okay? How about we enjoy this trip with our respective families and when we go back, we talk about this relationship and what we expect from it?"

Her gentle voice calmed the wild racing horses in his heart. It calmed down as she talked him into something reasonable. He breathed in more to calm himself down, not wanting to ruin his image any further.

"Okay, we'll talk then." He agreed. "but then why did you lie to me?"

"I'm sorry, Arman. I genuinely am. I am a liar. I lie a lot and sometimes I do this without thinking too. Maybe my father's extreme reactions made me want to lie instead of telling me the truth." She honestly answered, revealing a bit of herself to him.

"I don't like liars, Alia." He looked into her eyes and confessed, "but I'll think I am willing to work on you for this." He cracked a little smile.

"On me?" She laughed as well. "Fine, I will try to be honest with you but don't expect changes right away, I even lie to Shivani all the time." She cheekily told him and warned him as well.

Arman smiled and nodded at her. Now realising that they didn't have anything to talk about. He continued staring at her and so did she, it seemed as if they were truly a couple, hiding from people to meet each other. Arman began to lean in a little.

"Alia? Are you okay?"

She silently gasped and looked afraid. "It's Mumma!" She mouthed to him.

Now, she was done for.

Check out the other books as well!