CHAPTER 89

Alia huffed as the last car left. Just had been such a hassle that she had to deal with.

"Come on," Laksha's arm went over her shoulder as she tugged her inside, "I have some ice cream hidden in the fridge."

"Ugh, finally," she groaned loudly as she leaned into Laksha Auntie. "I never thought that dealing with people could be so tiring. I was always worried about the confrontation that would come with my job but turns out relatives are still the most daunting think to deal with!"

Laksha laughed louldy. "I know, most of the times if we are hosting something I don't even call them at home. I always make sure to arrange it in a restaurant, a private room or somewhere outside."

That seems to be a good decision. Alia chuckled and watched Laksha place the ice-cream back into the fridge before sliding her bowl of filled with ice cream towards her. "Thank you Auntie." Alia said as she dug into her ice cream.

Laksha's actions faltered when she heard the word auntie. She quickly look that aaya who was concentrating on her ice cream and enjoying the taste and then looked at her own bowl. This was highly awkward because at the moment Laksha wanted to tell Alia to start calling her mother as the relationship was going to change soon but she wondered if it was too soon.

Was it too soon?

Laksha sighed silently and focused on her ice cream.

******

Alia walked through the walls of hospital. She was walking to wear the private room was where her brother was kept under constant observation of his neurosurgery.

It had been difficult for her to enter the same room that she had kissed Ziagham in Alia knew better than to focus on that. She made mistake the one she wondered how could she possibly think of doing but now there was nothing I could be done about it and she was just going to forget about it.

It was a stupid and unthinkable mistake but something that she was certainly going to ignore.

She turn around the hallways and the room of her brother was only to come to a stop. Ziagham stood there with whom she remembered to be Ziagham's sister.

She stared at them for a few seconds before blinking repeatedly and turning around to the room of a brother without having them notice only for Nadiya to call her, "Sister Alia!"

Alia winced but a smile came to her face as she turned around and waved. "Hi, are you on duty? I don't want to disturb you or get you a scolding." She raised her hands there. No matter what it was, when in someone's workplace it was obvious that the person have to be professional even with front of family members.

Nadia winced, "I am actually. Also when it's your night duty this pay special attention to whether you are sleeping or not. So," she gave earlier a quick hug before waving at her and parting ways.

Alia stared at her back before turning back to see the man who was still standing there by his eyes focused on Aliya only.

"Hi," she said out of politeness.

Ziagham nodded. "About that day—"

"I apologize," Alia said first intervening in between, "that should not have happened and I agree on that. Is anything and really responsible for this because I should not have participated. Hopefully, we can move past that." And never think of it again.

Ziagham stared at her before his eyes narrowed, "Really?"

She nodded. "Nothing can come out of it. So we do not feel to bring anything out of it unnecessarily."

Zaigham stepped closer making Alia take hesitant step back. "Really?" He said again. "Do you think of me as a cheap kiss?"

Alia's mouth dried up. She open her mouth but nothing came as she felt the back of her knees coming touch with the chair that she stumbled and fell into. Now he was standing looking down at her who was sitting in a chair.

"I don't think of this as anything." Alia told him honestly as her heart pounded quickly. "But all I know is this was not supposed to happen in this was really a mistake. So we do not need to think much about it when it was not supposed to happen."

"But it did happen," he muttered so quietly that Alia wondered who he was talking to, "it happened and you were an active participant in it."

She scoffed. "Yes I was an active participant after my brother had come out of surgery that was for his brain and was five hours long. I was tired and out of my mind so excuse me for one mistake I made!" She snapped.

He chuckled as the corner of his mouth titled upwards. "I was never going to make this a problem for you but the way you talk and sort it out is wrong. However take this problem of your back Alia, I was never considering to do anything about it in the first." He spat before turning around and leaving.

Alia gulped as she watched him leave. He turned around the hallway and disappeared from her sight as she continued sitting there while placing her head in her hands.

What in the world??