Chapter 75 - The Power of Ari

'I would say underwater, but whatever caused that wave is under there.' She responded.

I knitted my brows. About this time something else came into view. A very small brown thing in the distance.

Land.

And the eye pointed right to it.

Looks like I'm going there.

About this time, the boats also stopped moving. I waited to see if that had a plan and oh boy they did.

They started pulling by ropes and lifting the sails in a weird direction. Then I saw people get under the sails and up they went.

I see. Get a bunch of people with the wind element.

Still, for some reason, the closer they got, the more anxious I became. I was unsure why.

Until I realized, in my space, the mermaid was pounding on the glass of her tank.

I immediately entered my space.

I ran over and stuck my hand in the water.

"What?!" I yelled out.

'These people can not cross! If they do, they will die!'

"They seem strong to me, and then again. Why do you care what happens to them?" I asked.

'You have the smell of a mermaid and an eye that is leading you. They don't. If they enter, the sirens will kill them. Only a Rank 10 human can see past a sirens call.' She paused. 'They may be trying to enter for their own gain, but I can't help but feel sorry for these people. They have no idea how unremorseful the sirens are.'

"If you want, I will save them," I said. "Or at least try to."

'Please, I wish them to live.'

Who knew mermaids could be so nice.

I left my space and immediately looked for any way to stop them.

"Ari, have any ideas?" The wind was so loud no one could hear me from here.

'I have one way, but to use it. You will immediately pass out due to fatigue and you will not be able to use me again for 6 months to a year.'

"Okay, tell me."

'I can unlock the power that is closed off from me for about 10 minutes. In that time, I will flood your body with this power and create a massive storm and that should make them leave.' She paused. 'I wouldn't even suggest this but you have the light element so you will survive, but you'll be very weak for about a month while your body recovers for the rush of power.'

I didn't have much time to think.

"Fuck it, let's do it. Aden, be on stand by to catch my body."

I turned my body and fell from the air.

"Do it."

These words sealed my fate as immense power filled my body. Blood started to trickle down my bottom lip. The power was so great that my body grew and the mask on my face broke off.

Water caught under my feet and I zoomed forward under the boats.

I lifted my sleeve and wiped off the blood.

I turned my body as I stood in front of the ships.

'Lift your arms.'

I did as told and lifted my arms to the sky. Immediately clouds formed. The storm happened so fast and quickly that the people on the ships stopped what they were doing to just stare.

Pure power left my voice as I yelled out.

"Leave this place!" I roared. "Or I will sink every ship you own."

I could feel the ocean below me and the wave that was getting closer.

I took the power into my hands and pulled up the wave. I yanked with my might as it got higher and higher.

The people on the ships immediately started turning around, but to make sure they left this place alone. I gathered ice spikes and shot them forward. I aimed for the sails.

Immediately, the ships started to fall. As soon as they hit the water, I shot down the wave and pushed them off farther and farther away.

About this time, I could feel my body getting heavier. I started to blackout and fall from the sky, but I was caught as I started to fall from the air.

When I awoke, I was on the ground. I winced as I tried to move my body. My body did not want to be moved, so I just laid still.

"You're awake." I heard Aden's voice.

"Mmm..." This was the only response I could muster.

"Who are you?" I heard another voice, but I was in too much damn pain to answer. So I just stayed quiet.

"He's in a lot of pain. Let him rest." Spoke up Aden.

"Just be glad I haven't killed either of you yet."

At that, the presence of whoever that's as left the area.

I just laid still until I blacked out again.

Later on, when I woke up again, I felt better enough to sit up and open my eyes.

I looked over to see Aden in chains and a weird haze surrounding everything. The hell?

"Where the fuck are we?" My voice wasn't hoarse. Even though I had a feeling I had been out for a while.

I looked around noticing we were in a cell.

"Siren Island." He responded. "Once you passed out, I had to land on the island. Once I did, a man appeared and detained us in here. He is very strong so I did not try to fight him."

I nodded.

Stronger than a Celestial Beast? Damn.

A second later, the cell door opened, and in came an old man.

"Yo," I said.

"Show some respect for your elders." He said.

"Fuck you."

His mouth tensed up and he sent out an almost solid hand to my throat.

"Do you wish to die?" He asked.

"Piss off."

Immediately the hand started to choke me. Fuck this hurts but I couldn't do anything except gasp for air.

I could hear yelling and knew it was most likely Aden. My mind started to get hazy as I fell over.