Chapter - 128 - Emperor Contract

As we got closer, the water started to move.

"Guess he knows we're here," I said as I stayed behind.

The Beast Emperor walked forward alone.

From the water came the panda I remembered.

"Who released you?" The Panda asked in English.

"Her." He pointed at me.

I smiled.

"Hello again," I said with a wave.

The Panda moved past him and started to walk over.

"You're a Haven." He said.

I raised a brow.

"Oh? You know the name?" I asked.

My previous Master was always mistaken for one.

I tapped my arm.

"Tell me, what was her name?" I asked.

"Arantxa Langston."

"What an old Beast you are," I said. As I smiled.

"I've slept for a lot of it." He said.

"I believe it," I said. Aden and the rest of my Beast have all gone to sleep within my space. They don't even eat either during this hibernation. Though, apparently, they grow faster this way,

"I take it you didn't come here to just reunite me with the Emperor." He said.

"You're right." I started walking forward. "Tell me, what's wrong with you?"

"Poison." He said. "Well, more like a grub."

"Come here," I said as I outstretched my hand.

The Panda walked forward and placed his head under my palm. I closed my eyes and sensed.

Memories started flooding my mind. How long had it been since I did this? Was he giving them to me voluntarily? No, I doubt he even remembered half of the things that are flooding my mind right now.

After I got past the memories, I felt it. The grubs influence. Its color entered my mind. Orange. How was this Beast still sane?

The grub started to move. I slowly lured it with pure energy. That's right, come out.

I could feel the Beast under my palm start to shiver uncomfortably. He was in great pain. Then, all at once, the grub burrowed its way out of the Beasts head. I snatched it up and quickly helped to heal the damaged Beast.

I put the grub away in my space and gave the Panda my full attention.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

The Panda looked up at me.

"Everything is so clear." The Panda said as he started to fall over.

I braced his head as he fell to the ground.

"The pain was great, but with his will to live. He will survive." I said as I stroked his head.

"Kobe." I heard above me.

I looked up.

"Yes?" I asked.

The Beast Emperor looked down at me.

"Would you...would you accept to being my Master?" He asked.

The wind blew through the trees and my hair blew obstructing my view.

I moved to move my hair away, but he was one step closer. He moved my hair away with a free hand.

"Would you..." His voice was above a whisper.

I just smiled.

"Can't," I said.

His eyes grew.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I stood.

"I'm contracted with two Beast." I raised my left hand. "A Celestial Beast who recently transformed into a sort of Dragon. And an actual Dragon Princess. And well, even if I could make a contract with you. Doesn't that seem a little overpowered?" I asked.

The Beast Emperor started to laugh.

The Sirens around me grew startled.

Then again his laugh was very loud and roarish...

I stood confused. 

He stopped laughing after a few moments and showed a grin.

"You know what, that makes sense. I think I know who I will contract with then." He said.

My eyes grew. What was it with Beast and wanting Contracts? You'd think they would want to remain free.

I watched as he turned to Mei.

Though, she was completely uninterested. She was busy reading away in the book she had received from the Elf Library.

"Mei," I called out.

She looked up to see everyone staring at her.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Would you want to make a contract with me?" The Beast Emperor asked.

Mei blinked rapidly.

"Me?" Mei pointed at herself.

He nodded.

"Why? You're the Beast Emperor, I'm so unqualified for that." She said shaking her head and waving her arms.

I smiled as I watched.

I don't think Mei had any idea what the future held for her.

"My name..." The Beast Emperor said. "My name is Amos. I would like you to call me by my name." He said to Mei.

"I-" She said. She shook her head. "You don't know me. How could you possibly trust me?" She asked.

Amos just smiled and walked over.

"I know I won't regret this decision." He said.

"Still!" She yelled. "You're the Beast Emperor! You just got free! Why are you trying to form a contract?"

"It's well known among Beast. A Beast is only its strongest when it's contracted."

His words shocked me. Was this true? Well, I suppose it had to be for him to say it.

Mei's eyes grew.

"Still..." She said as she grabbed her arm.

"Mei," I spoke up.

She looked past him to me.

"Do you want to get stronger?" I asked.

She froze.

"This is an opportunity. They don't come to all. Seize it." I said.

She turned to Amos.

"Okay." She stepped forward.

Amos walked forward and kissed her forehead.

She was enveloped in a great white light. I squinted as I watched.

As the light disappeared, she had a mark on her head. Did he bless her? I'd have to teach her how to you an Array then.

"That was insane." She said as she turned to me.

The Panda started to stir.

I dropped to my knees and waited.

As he opened his eyes, he met mine.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"Terribly hungover." He said.

I busted out laughing.

I looked back down and held out my hand.

"Come on," I said.

He transformed beneath me. His hair was pitch black. His pupils were white while his irises were black. I stood there shocked for a moment.