Chapter - 15 - Elements

I continued my breaths evenly as the power ran rampant in my body. I started to think about whether it was smart to drink that delicious water.

Then I started to feel warm energy hit a wall and then a breakthrough. I had risen in Level.

Then again and again. Until finally it stopped at Rank 2 Level 1. I opened my eyes and sat in shock. What the actual fuck was that?!

There was so much about this world that I didn't know. Then out of nowhere the door opened and two old men and one young girl walked in.

I blinked as I was still in a cultivation state.

"Hey," I said, as I stretched out my legs to stand.

It was then they noticed the empty pitcher.

"You drank all of that water?" One old man asked in shock.

"Yea," I replied.

"Y-you....how did you not die?" He asked seriously.

"Uuuuuu...I just didn't." What did he want me to say?

 The other old man stepped forward.

"My name is Qui LuBui, but you can call me Director Qui. I am the Head Master of this school. May I ask your name?"

"My name is Chen FaSin." I changed the Fu to Fa to sound more feminine.

"Nice to meet you Chen FaSin. Are you 11?"

I nodded. 11 sounded like a good age.

"Well Chen FaSin, I would like you to enter this school as an Inner Disciple. You would be the youngest and first female to ever get such an honor and you would get first-class teachings from all of the top teachers." He said.

I immediately nodded.

"Sounds great. Though I must ask, does this mean I can learn to read Chinese?" I asked.

The man's eyes grew big. Then he laughed.

"Of course you can." He smiled.

I nodded. Then I remembered what he said about females.

"So wait, no other female has been an Inner Disciple?" I asked.

"No, but we want to change this. This is Po YeSong." She stepped forward. "She is top of her class and if she were a boy, she would be an Inner Disciple, but her family views it as being a dishonor because their sons never were. They don't like that their daughter is stronger than their sons."

I nodded. This made complete sense in this era.

"So you being the first female would really turn the tides and maybe those family's would follow along. We are also going to be sending out the word about this before the classes begin in 3 weeks to make people think differently."

I nodded once more. I also realized they were using me for popularity but in the long run, I couldn't give two shits. Though, I was gonna have some fun with this.

"I would like a room to myself away from others. I also don't want to have to attend classes if I choose not to. These are my only conditions to be used for popularity."

The old man's face contorted but he nodded.

"Also, I must ask. Do you have a family?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"I've lived on my own for a while," I said.

"No worries, Po YeSong would you show Chen FaSin around?" He asked.

"Oh, of course, Director Qui."

Then the 2 old men left. In the end, it was just Po YeSong.

"So like Director Qui said, I'm Po YeSong. We begin schooling here at the age of 10 for all students. I'm 15 so, I'm in the 6th year. The schooling ends at 18 for all students. After that, they can choose between more schooling from higher schools or stop to go home or try out for different clans."

I nodded.

"Well, shall we go? I will show you the dorms, martial arts arena, classrooms, and a food court. You are an inner disciple, so you will have different classrooms, foot court, and dorm room, but the martial arts arena will be the same."

"Sounds interesting. I do have a question though." I said.

"Yes?" She looked over at me.

"Is it true of Martial Elements? Do they exist?" I heard about this in the Capital but I didn't think it was real.

"Oh, of course, they do. My family, for example, had a heritage of being Fire Welders. This just gives us an extra advantage in battle and we can learn Fire Techniques that others can not."

"Whoa....so like, what is it? A test?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm guessing you weren't raised in a noble household?" She asked.

"I was not, you are correct." I turned away embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed. You're a 2nd year becoming an Inner Disciple. There was no way I would have been able to clear that forest as a 2nd year."

"Thank you, so what are the elements?" I asked.

"Oh well...Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind are the main 4. These are the whole elements. Then there are more rare ones. Like Sand, Lighting, Ice, and Magma. These are mixtures of two whole elements. Then there is even Light and Darkness. These are very rare."

I nodded seriously.

"Very interesting. What if someone got an Element that wasn't one of those?" I asked.

"Oh, that is completely possible. There is a man alive who has an element that was mixed with 3 of the whole elements. His is called Storm. He has Wind, Water, and Earth. He can cause tragic storms that include earthquakes and mudslides. Because of this, he doesn't interact with people and lives secluded way up north."

"That's...wow." It's crazy to think there is someone that terrifying." I shivered and just kept forward.

"We are now nearing this food court you will be eating at."

I nodded.

I noticed two guards were standing at the entrance.

Po YeSong pulled out a token and showed it to the 2 guards and they moved.

"Director Qui gave me this Inner Disciple token to give to you. With this, you can get in any of these places."

I nodded as she handed me the coin.

"Now, I can't go in there. The food court is connected to the dorms but your place will most likely be beyond that. Your classrooms will also beyond the food court. After you've looked around you can get the boys in there to tell you where the martial arena is. That is where I will be."